PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawk

Might Stick Around
Aug 25, 2010
Moved my daughter to PA last week. We stopped at a cigar store in Gettysburg and I decided to buy a cob from Gettysburg, you know a nice pipe to remember my trip--I buy it, get ready to fill Her up and light it-turn it over and it's made in Washington, MO.----a 1/2 hour from my house! Oh well, a trip I will never forget-the tobacco they had-Chamberlain is awesome though! I must say the pipe is great!

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
Missouri Meerschaum is the last US based corncob manufacturer left. amd the only maker of quality cobs in the world. Been smoking them now for 52 years.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Sunday Cob was in Quebec Canada, and Uncle Sam was in Arkansas. Other than that I believe they all were in Washington Mo.

Be sure to go check out the corncob pipe museum there, and I believe you can view and purchase all of their cobs right there at the factory.

One of these days I will make the trip myself!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
:laughat: Keeps my foot out of my mouth -- on this topic, at any rate.

Hoo-boy, I'm glad we have a few minutes to redact ill-advised wisecracks.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
While rummaging through some of my "treasures" I came across a Hirsche & Bendheim corn cob I must have bought a long time ago since the company no longer exists. BTW, the stems are not interchangable with the MM products which I found to be interesting.

dawk

Might Stick Around
Aug 25, 2010
SSJONES, the joint is on the corner down from the Cemetery-523 Baltimore Street-try the mans tobacco line, its really good.
Hey Cortezattic-what are you holding back?

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
I love this forum we have our preferences, but we all have a polite way of respecting one another. Some love cobs, briars, or meers. Maybe we like all types. But, we all adore our pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.