PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
It got hotter and more humid. What blends should I smoke?
N.B. if you were expecting a political topic, remember that politics is a dog and pony show.

bryguysc

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2015
I also tend to grab whatever tobacco strikes my fancy, but I do notice that English blend are grabbed much less in the summer. I seem to desire virginias more during warmer months. Not that I purposefully choose to put away the English; I just don't smoke it much.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Well, it's a recent acquisition and I've only smoked a couple of bowls, but D&R Ramback seems to be a nice change from the typical choices we all might make from the Virginia, the VaPa, and Latakia blends.

A smooth and tasty oriental like this might be a good one for summer.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If I'm feeling the heat, I like the Virginias and Va/Pers, but that doesn't keep me from firing up Semois, Billy Budd, or or good English blend if I have the taste for it.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I'm something like a major who responded here, I feel urge for Lighter spicy Vapers,(such as OGS, Solani 633 yet medium Virginia flakes(S&G Golden Glow&Hu Tobacco Sunset)but likewise to mr mso489, these doesen't keep me from firing my essantial basic Burley forward blends wheter its Mc Baren Golden Blend or Amphora Brown or anything in similar sense or something even a bit stronger in the same category.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
I smoke more VA VA/PERS in the summer. I just started hitting my stash of PS Luxury Navy Flake in the past week or so.

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
No seasonal preference here at 8100' in Colorado:

VA's, VA/Per's, VA/Or's during the day when it is usually in the 60's to low 80's

DFK's, Balkan/English's, or strong ropes/plugs/flakes when it is usually in the 40's to 50's (occasionally the upper 30's or low 60's).
Higher in the mountains it is another 10-15 degrees cooler, as we are with respect to the flat-landers to the east.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
These were all good suggestions. I mixed some Irish Oak with Dark Burley and got quite a satisfying smoke out of it.

Dec 28, 2015
Bought a tin of Vauen #14 Va Flake about a year ago at the suggestion of John David from Country Squire. Finally opened it today and I do believe this is going to be a warm weather favorite. I need to get more tins of this stuff.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
@wyfbane:
For me, the nocturnal appeal of smoky blends is also strong, although I favor the dark-fired over the Latakia blends, mostly. (I will never get over my appreciation for 965, but the people around me compare Latakia-infused smoke to bodily functions occurring after Taco Bell visits, so I have to be very careful and sneak out behind the garage to smoke this one, and there, the mosquitoes have no mercy.)
Lately I have just been tossing some Perique, Dark Fired Kentucky Burley and Red Virginia into a base of dark and white Burleys, for noctambulant lunting...

loborx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 20, 2011
I won't deny that I prefer a change to light Va/Pers and Dutch Cavendish (Amphora/Troost) blends when my part of the globe warms. No hoax there. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.