PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
Full disclosure. I was recently called a self proclaimed know-it-all for suggesting my cleaning methods on a vintage Dunhill stem. The 904 stem was in worse condition and one reason I bought this one was to show off a bit.

The results speak for themselves. You have a process that works! Seems to me it's a subtle enough approach and would work on highly collectible/vintage restoration projects. I'm taking notes...

jhowell

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 25, 2019
Phoenix, Arizona
Full disclosure. I was recently called a self proclaimed know-it-all for suggesting my cleaning methods on a vintage Dunhill stem. The 904 stem was in worse condition and one reason I bought this one was to show off a bit.
I'm assuming you were called a "self proclaimed know-it-all" by people who put a flammable substance in a hole in a piece of wood and light it on fire...

T-townrestore

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 10, 2021
Tacoma
The pipe came out great. I have a pile of pipes waiting for me to work on them, and dreading the hours of stem work. I’ll give it a try, thanks for sharing.

• Love
Reactions: Chasing Embers

Buffalo

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2022
Central Nebraska

Wear that title as a badge of honor! If you are willing to share your knowledge, that isn't being a know it all in my book!

• Love
Reactions: Chasing Embers