PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shakey53

Lurker
Oct 16, 2010
Any sure fire way to get the brown out of perspex and light colored lucite stems?I've tried bleach,bakingsoda and scrubby pipe cleaners.

shakey

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
unclear arthur's method takes to long. Next time, take some Comet and Bleach and put them in the toilet and swirl it up with the brush (don't be a pig, make sure the toilet is empty of anything unsavory when you start this). Then take the stem off the pipe and shove it in the the Comet/Bleach slurry and flush. Use the swirling jet motion of the water to completely clean the stem. If it takes more than one or two flushes, you are doing something wrong.

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
I've found that I don't accumulate any unsightly stains if I faithfully clean the stem with bristle cleaner and highgrade alcohol after every smoke.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
And if soaking the stem fails , drink the alcohol and you won't care that the stem is stained!

pbgoldwing55

Lurker
Feb 2, 2010
i use rock sea salt with grain alchol but you have to keep filling the bowl because it does evaporate fast , also take rock sea salt and mix in a bowl then dip your bristle pipe cleaner and scrub works fine i use it on all my stems and i have some amber stems that come clean really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.