Cleanest Pipe Ever, or Horrible Ghosting?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
I'll find out in a few days, I suppose.

While out at the campsite, while preforming a particularly harrowing maneuver in a golf cart I managed to bite down on the stem of one of my cobs hard enough to cause a crack in the side. Since it's one of my favorite campsite smokers, I decided to let it cool down and shoved the bowl into my pocket with the intent of replacing the stem when I got home. Then promptly grabbed another cob out of the otter box in the tent and went about my day. Well this morning I ran the laundry from the campsite, forgetting of course, that my bowl was in a pocket. So when I went to change of to the dryer what should I find in the bottom of the washing machine but a lonely MM bowl, soaking wet, cold, and looking at me with that reproachful, how could you, set in it's shank.
It's currently sitting in a pipe stand, sans stem, drying to dry out, so in a few day's I guess I'll know weather it is still smokable or if it will be ghosted with country meadow, from the detergent.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Hehe.
I'm betting you'll get a bit of soap taste and smell for a few smokes. But its better then drying it. Once one of the baggers at the grocery store put drier sheets in with some baked goods.....you couldn't get that taste out.

ciderguy

Can't Leave
May 30, 2013
Its not just the $4.99, its all the great memories that the pipe has given you. I also enjoy the way my cobs color over time. I hope your cob lives to smoke another day.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
I would say that if bubbles come out instead of smoke, it's definitely time to replace it. But I'm willing to bet it recovers just fine and gives you many more great smokes. Corn is a hardy substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.