PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

RobNYC

Lifer
Dec 10, 2021
Queens, N.Y.
Since I am sans pipe at Disney, I thought I’d share a pic of this undelightful cinnamon blend I’m smoking all week. Maybe we can get a @JimInks review of this garbage. It’s doesn’t actually taste bad at all, but it’s a most unsatisfying smoke.
That is certainly not something I would apply the word "delightful" to. I think you summed it up perfectly. I may have to use Undelightful quite a bit in the near future. Great word!

Reactions: dctune

dctune

Part of the Furniture Now
snus is oral. Goes in the upper lip and is way better then those gum garbage.
Interesting. I’ve never tried it.
Used to dip 25 years ago. Lost the taste for it. And these days, well my wife is an SLP. Quite frankly, I’ve seen way too many people with half of their faces missing. Almost all of them from either a shotgun to the chin, or dipping/chewing. No judgment though. There’s times I still crave a fat dip. Especially when doing yard work or something. Just can’t bring myself to do it again.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Interesting. I’ve never tried it.
Used to dip 25 years ago. Lost the taste for it. And these days, well my wife is an SLP. Quite frankly, I’ve seen way too many people with half of their faces missing. Almost all of them from either a shotgun to the chin, or dipping/chewing. No judgment though. There’s times I still crave a fat dip. Especially when doing yard work or something. Just can’t bring myself to do it again.
The fact is if you look at percentages smoking cigarettes is more likely to cause oral malignancy and also many oral malignancies just happen as in the percentage of people who dip and get them and people who don't do anything like that is about the same. Also snus is not associated even with small levels of oral cancers. IF you're going for healthier tobacco you can't do better then snus.

dctune

Part of the Furniture Now
The fact is if you look at percentages smoking cigarettes is more likely to cause oral malignancy and also many oral malignancies just happen as in the percentage of people who dip and get them and people who don't do anything like that is about the same. Also snus is not associated even with small levels of oral cancers. IF you're going for healthier tobacco you can't do better then snus.
Totally. It’s not really about percentages and all for me. Doing what my wife does, she naturally ONLY sees the worst case scenarios. So her patients are not representative of the overall population at all. For me, it’s like when people were getting mailed anthrax after 9/11, and the lead singer of the metal band Anthrax took out an insurance policy or something should he die that way. I’m just trying to avoid the irony of it all. Plus, I have some extremely grisly real-life images stuck in my head.

But it’s all good. There’s risk associated with anything.

As for snus, guess I’ll have to look into it. I always thought it was a nasal thing until today!

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Since I am sans pipe at Disney, I thought I’d share a pic of this undelightful cinnamon blend I’m smoking all week. Maybe we can get a @JimInks review of this garbage. It’s doesn’t actually taste bad at all, but it’s a most unsatisfying smoke.
View attachment 128334
Rub it out, rather than fold & stuff. And go easy on the charring light. ?

clynch

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2013
Pensacola Florida
Tried it. Tried it all. Pipe for me. The ritual of opening a tin, smelling the tin, the pipe, rub out packing.... I like the rituals with a good pipe.
No pipe at disney would be a downer.

You are a better man than I. I had rather be tortured to death than have to spend any amount of time at Disney World. Just shackle me in, and start the torture... and you can go stand in line all day for kiddie rides.
Best Torture Exercise Gif GIFs | Gfycat