PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
I thought that in addition to being rot and bug resistant, Spanish Cedar is used because it contains terpenes, which enhance the flavor of the cigar. Maybe an actual expert could enlighten us. I just play the expert on the internet.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
BROBS, I have probably smoked over 20,000 cigars in my life and forgot more about them than you'll ever know. I have little doubt you are susceptible to some marketing bullshit like cedar sleeves around the cigar. But look, if you like it, enjoy yourself.
Cedar flavor in a cigar is not marketing bullshit. If you can’t taste it you can’t taste it but most other people seemingly can. I’m not talking about a cigar wrapped in a cedar sleeve, I’m talking about a cedar note in the smoke.

Ever notice how obsessed you are with me?! Gotta be hard on the psyche to carry that weight. I know I’m hot stuff but jee willikers.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
I thought that in addition to being rot and bug resistant, Spanish Cedar is used because it contains terpenes, which enhance the flavor of the cigar. Maybe an actual expert could enlighten us. I just play the expert on the internet.
Yup, depends on the cedar. Some are more sappy than others. I have had some that actually impregnate the cigar wrapper with oils. I like the way it blends with the smoke. The old timers used to light their cigars with cedar for the same reason, to add a touch of flavor.

Reactions: ophiuchus and BROBS

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
The My Fathers and Don Pepin Garcia longsdale cedaro are great

Fuente Sungrown Rubusto black label are cedar wrapped, spicy and good.
I agree. Both of the cedar-wrapped sizes in the core My Father line are very good. They are also great sizes, a traditional Lonsdale and corona gorda. Been too long since I've had one to judge the cedar element (though I don't notice much in the No. 4 lanceros), but they're just very good cigars if you don't mind that Pepin spice up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.