PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

GreatWhiteNorthPiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Hello all,

I'm headed to Cancun in a few weeks and am wondering if anyone here has had any good experiences with local cigar retailers. I know that cigar counterfeiting can be quite widespread in Mexico, so if anyone has any tips on legitimate retailers, I would be grateful. Thank you!

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
If you want Cuban cigars, you're way better off buying them from a reputable offshore dealer and having them shipped to your house. If wager over 90% of the "Cuban" Cigars sold in Cancun are fake.

The truth of the matter is, given the horribly inflated price of real Cubans at this time, they're not close to worth it. I've smoked thousands over the years, I'd just as soon smoke a good Nicaraguan at this point.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Hello all,

I'm headed to Cancun in a few weeks and am wondering if anyone here has had any good experiences with local cigar retailers. I know that cigar counterfeiting can be quite widespread in Mexico, so if anyone has any tips on legitimate retailers, I would be grateful. Thank you!

I found a little place there, that rolled me a cigar they said was a clear Havana. It was delicious. They sold me twenty five with Mexican bands, invoice for customs, only $100!!!

You guessed it.

Not only were they counterfeit they were terrible and the bugs destroyed my other cigars in my humidor.:)

Go to an established vendor.

Avoid the little cigar stands.