PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
On rare occasions I'll roll pipe tobacco blends in cig papers. I like rolling up GLP blends like Key Largo, Spark Plug, etc. I also bought whole leaf tobacco with hopes to try rolling pipe blends in those. The whole leaf are VA's, Burley etc.

Reactions: mtwaller

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
If you like semois, smokingpipes sells semois cigars in various sizes, and as far as I can tell, it's the same stuff as Tabac Manil pipe tobacco. Even the wrapper I think. Not a cigar smoking experience though, it's pretty much smoking Tabac Manil semois in cigar form. Personally, I like them very much and keep them handy for when it's more practical to have a cigar than a pipe. Also, since semois is not cigar tobacco, I never sweated the humidity, etc. I do have some cigars in jars with humidifiers, but my semois cigars just sit there in their box on my desk or whatever, no worries.

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
If you like semois, smokingpipes sells semois cigars in various sizes, and as far as I can tell, it's the same stuff as Tabac Manil pipe tobacco. Even the wrapper I think. Not a cigar smoking experience though, it's pretty much smoking Tabac Manil semois in cigar form. Personally, I like them very much and keep them handy for when it's more practical to have a cigar than a pipe. Also, since semois is not cigar tobacco, I never sweated the humidity, etc. I do have some cigars in jars with humidifiers, but my semois cigars just sit there in their box on my desk or whatever, no worries.
I still need to try those out. I love semois.

Reactions: Paul lec

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
The best thing about the minis or the “club cigars” to me is they are a 10 minute smoke and if you have more time you just smoke two. I keep a pack in my car if I’m driving to the store or someplace i just bust one out.

i picked up a couple bricks (5 packs with 20 per pack) C33D5664-933B-4015-B164-375D20DE0BEF.jpegof these right before Habanos decided to fuck us poors over. I’m afraid to see what they go for now.

camaguey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 25, 2021
west indies
If you check cigar history , you'll find that most of the time the small cigar was the norm. Even in the 70's and 80's the petit corona and regular coronas where the "normal" cigars. There where exeptions like the presidentes (double corona) , churchills , lonsdales and rotschilds. But the normal cigar that most people favored on that time where the corona like or panatelas like. The big vitolas where more to impress or for special events than to everyday smoke. If my memory do not betray me , it was after the launch of CA magazine that things began to change. They changed the names of some vitolas (double corona for presidentes and robustos for rotschilds) and somehow people began to prefer larger vitolas. For me , since the 70's , a corona was a large enough cigar for me altrough a breva or petit corona was more suited for my needs. Today , i still can find several good smokes on my preferred size , but i miss that i do not have as many options as the modern cigar smokers (thick vitolas). I only smoke one cigar every night with my amontillado and i cannot imagine , after smoking several pipes during the day , to smoke something larger than a corona. Cigarrillos are to short for me , but i understand that they may be ok for some people. My advice is that you should select your vitola , the one you like , not the "fashion" of the time. Enjoy your cigar as well as your pipes , wich i have been doing for the last 50 years.

maker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2018
I used to smoke a lot of the Cuban cigarillos and club size cigars. Cohiba, Patagas. They are a nice 10 min smoke. However, I think they are all the same blend but I could be wrong.

Reactions: Paul lec

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
In college, I smoked Hav'a'Tampa's, the little cigars with the wooden bit, which I thought were tasty and I knew didn't cost much, factory made. I liked them better than Swisher Sweets, which I found kind of sicky-sweet. Today I enjoy the slightly bigger 4" so-called dog walkers that came as a sampler pack of a dozen, of all different brands, from Iwan Ries. I'm smoking one on the first day of each month this year. These are standard brands like Cohiba and Oliva. Cigarillos I find a little too cigarette-like.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I'm a Cameroon wrapper lover, but sometimes I just don't have time for a Churchill or Presidente or even a Robusto.. it's been a while but I found both the tins of Cohiba Red Dot Pequeños and the Partagas Puritos to be just what I was looking for.

Granted the flavor of each respective cigar isn't quite as bold as their full size cousins, but for a 20-30 minute cigar - pretty good - And the price ain't bad either.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I'm more of a fan of pantenelas than cigarellos. For those I like macanudo ascots, la Gloria cubanas, Romeo y juliets puritos and petite juliets, partagas, montecristos. Even half coronas are a nice 30 minutes at least. Smallest I go is a purito