Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

greatdane

Might Stick Around
Dec 26, 2018
Any recommendations for cigarillos? I smoke primarily aromatic pipe tobacco. TIA

lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
Padron Cortico's, Davidoff mini cigarillos, Arturo Fuente Cubanito's.

burleybreath

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
They're all inferior, in my opinion, to "real" cigars. I can't justify the price of premium cigarillo sized cigars. They don't taste like anything special. That's not to say I don't smoke small cigars; I've smoked Garcia Vega Miniatures for decades. They taste OK upon lighting, then go south quickly. About par for the breed. That's OK for a hot day in summer, about the only time I ever want one.

Wait. There's Toscano. They're kind of tasty. Hmm...

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Honestly Black and Milds aren't bad.. If you can get past the people saying they're cheap crap, and you like aromatic pipe tobacco. Only drawback is that small amount of pipe tobacco within cost 10 cents in a pipe and 1.25 in a Black and Mild. That bothers my frugal side...

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Honestly Black and Milds aren't bad.. If you can get past the people saying they're cheap crap, and you like aromatic pipe tobacco. Only drawback is that small amount of pipe tobacco within cost 10 cents in a pipe and 1.25 in a Black and Mild. That bothers my frugal side...
yeah they're not bad in that kind of doesn't take much to enjoy something better type of way. They certainly aren't terrible.

Excalibur Cigarillo Tin (10 tins of 20)

I don't have any idea which of these words is the brand, but I really like these... even though the branding is stupid.

Reactions: rajangan and JOHN72

rajangan

Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
Everything Danneman makes except for the Moods, imo, except if you smoke aromatic pipe, you'd probably like the Moods.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Excalibur Cigarillo Tin (10 tins of 20)

I don't have any idea which of these words is the brand, but I really like these... even though the branding is stupid.

Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur. Normally, I avoid non-cubans that bear a Cuban name, but the Excalibur is the one line I make an exception for. Maybe it's nostalgia, but the maduro-wrapped ones are very complex and satisfying.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

spicy_boiii

Aug 5, 2020
Bay Area, California
For your criteria, I have a strong, unyielding preference for the following:

1)Various Cuban clubs, cigarillos. The Montecristo yellow box above are my favorite.

2) Liga Privada T52 coronets (super amazing).

Reactions: ChonkyTonks

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
Seeing you like aromatic tobacco, Drew Estate has cigarillos in their Acid line. I like the RyJ cigarillos, dunno if these are available to you.
You can still get the RyJ mini blue and white at smokingpipes. Those are both pretty good for little guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.