PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
I've purchased a few cigars and I've just lit one which s so tight it's unsmokeable! I once read, on here I think, of someone's grandmother clipping off a half inch of her husbands cigar and smoking it in a briar. What do you guys think? Would you give it a go? Prepare the cigar and pop it in a briar? If I can I don't want to throw £6 down the drain but equally I don't wanna be sick lol

willwoodbine

Lurker
Nov 30, 2012
Theres a character in Evelyn Waughs 'Scoop' that did excatley this. Ive done it a few times but I often find the smoke a little acrid

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
It is not something I would do because it will ghost your pipe. If you have a cob, try it in that. Cigars are meant to be smoked whole so they develop as they are smoked, stuffing a pipe with cigar tobacco I think would taste pretty harsh. Let us know if you try it.

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
Mikephillips I thought I was dedicated to the tobacco leaf lol! That's some going rolling your own cigars tho if I could get the means I would probably give it a go!

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
I have a very frugal friend who smokes the ends of his cigars in a cob.. He says he really can't taste a difference, and saves money to boot... I use a meerschaum cigar tip, and only throw away a small nub..

yadan

Can't Leave
Dec 23, 2012
Central Galilee, Israel
I've tried this a few times during my many years of pipe and cigar smoking, and the results were always unsuccessful.

I would no sooner try this again than try to fashion a cigar out of pipe tobacco, if this could even be done.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
I've been tempted to finish off a $20 cigar in a pipe, but the aficionado in me made it impossible to do. I take too much pride in the art of both cigar and pipe smoking. But what the hell, if you want to take a cob and try it...

As far as tight cigars, you normally won't find that issue in a quality cigars but it still happens, even with ageing. I have a poker as a throw in on an order, and found it worked fine on a couple tight rolls.
Craig

lyle

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
Des Moines, IA, USA
I tried it once with a cigar that was left out of the humidor too long and got dried out. It was acrid and harsh, but I'm guessing it would have been that way no matter how it was smoked, given its crispy nature.

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
Nothing like the last inch of a Davidoff double R in a Meerschaum. I never let it go out though. Just stuff it right in my pipe. Mmmmmm,

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
My suggestion is that if you choose to smoke cigar nubs in a pipe, then dedicate one pipe specifically for that. Whether it be a cob or an old briar pipe whatever, but dedicate one pipe for the cigar nubs.

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
I had a friend post a picture on his Facebook of him smoking an entire cigar in a pipe. Which I might be crazy enough to try myself... If I ever get into cigars.

Status
Not open for further replies.