PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MavErik

Lurker
Jan 4, 2024
Hi everyone. I have been a cigar nut for awhile and have amassed a ridicuous stockpile. In an attempt to stop buying more cigars, I figured I would start buying pipes instead! :)

I am most interested in refurbishing and just completed my first project; a pretty messed up Grand Duke. I say it turned out pretty well considering. I have to thank many of you on this site for the helpful posts I was able to read in advance. Now I have several more projects lined up for the rest of the winter. And yes, I do plan to start smoking them soon!

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
As far as for pipes? I really haven't figured out yet which pipe tobaccos to work towards. As far as cigars go, I love a good spicy maduro type blend or a rich Cameroon. I also appreciate good Sumatran wrappers, with the Habano being my least favorite.

Does that help?
Yup I did mean for pipe and yeah that does help. I’m always curious as to what pipe tobacco blends are interesting to guys coming from cigars. I’m sure you’ll enjoy the journey of finding what you like.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Please put your location in your Profile!

Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
Welcome from Middle Tennessee. I have been down the same road that you're on. Smoked cigars for 30 years (still do) and have spent way too much in the collection, but wanted to get back into pipes. I have found that they both can co-exist with distinct niche's. My cigars are used when I am more active doing things like riding horses, cleaning barn, etc. but nothing beats the pipe for relaxation, meditation and the such like.
Enjoy the ride...............

Reactions: LongIslandPiper

motorjon68

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2023
Cincinnati
Welcome from Cincinnati Ohio. You may find you like more ‘veteran’ varieties than the usual store bought brands. Most importantly, enjoy the ritual and relaxation that is, smoking the pipe.

Reactions: MavErik