PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
My son's high school has a tradition of smoking a cigar on the day of graduation. I have not smoked sticks in over a decade or 2. Does anyone have advice or can steer me to a good cigar for this one time event? I have put together a pipe kit for him but pipes are not acceptable for this...

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
I used to be a big cigar smoker. My favorite was always the El Rey del Mundo Robusto Maduro.

One of the least expensive cigars out there. But, in my opinion, one of the best.

An excellent cigar that I would buy immediately if I started smoking cigars again.

Congratulations and good luck! and remember, Commencement is just the beginning.

:)

Reactions: aquadoc

elessar

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2019
For mild well known cigars I would say Macanudo. There are many others. I find Dominican cigars usually on the mild side. A nice Montecristo would be in order to keep up with the Jones's. Personally I also like Gispert which has a cedar creamy flavor. Fuentes are a good choice as well as is Montesino. If you want something on the aromatic side take a look at Acid.

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
For young folks new to cigars, who may not have the endurance to sit through a stick of profound duration, I might recommend something on the short side --
L'Atelier Travailleurs are modestly sized and priced, but very delicious.
So are Oliva No. 4 (Serie O or Serie V)

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
For young folks new to cigars, who may not have the endurance to sit through a stick of profound duration, I might recommend something on the short side --
L'Atelier Travailleurs are modestly sized and priced, but very delicious.
So are Oliva No. 4 (Serie O or Serie V)
Great choices! Both those Olivas are wonderful and will also have excellent construction and burn well. The Travailleurs come in 5 packs, and are pre-cut. I like them best of all the regular L'Atelier sizes, and I usually get a good 50-60 minute smoke out of them. The nice thing about thinner cigars like these for folks who don't smoke cigars a lot is they will take a light a lot easier than a thicker stick

The Rosado Sungrown Magnum R line might be a b&m exclusive, but i know Atlantic Cigar carries them online. Didn't see them on any forum sponsor sites (sorry).

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
For someone who doesn't smoke cigars much, I would recommend these:

They are a tad bit above mild, but mild enough to not bother a newb. And they have a good flavor IMO and have a good price point.

Status
Not open for further replies.