Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
As usual, ladies and gents, I need your advice. I recently, through a long and boring set of circumstances, got hold of two completely new Peterson churchwardens that I don't want and thus will be looking to sell. Problem is, I don't really know their value. One is an Ebony "S/MTD" (whatever that means, but ebony churchwardens seem to go for higher prices) and a D-15 Grey. Now, I would lower the price from their actual, new and unsused value in order to sell them fast--I just got hit with another dental bill--but it would give me a start. Thanks for reading, all!

PS I can send along pics if that would help later.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife and I joke that after a certain age, it is fiscally irresponsible to have teeth. I hope the boat payments are going into a pretty little ship down at the marina.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Several people have asked questions about the pipes, so I snapped a few shots. Can't hurt to be sure about what they are. I rather hope the D15 doesn't sell, I'm starting to like it too much!

img_1162-600x450.jpg

img_1163-478x600.jpg

img_1165-600x467.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
sparrowhawk, yes, you have to eat, which is what I tell my wife as we ante up for a new crown, etc. etc. I'd keep the D15, since you'd only go out and buy a replacement eventually. I surmise you kept the Nording that you offered that didn't sell right away; that's a great flake pipe, and I'd keep that one too.

tavol

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2018
My wife and I joke that after a certain age, it is fiscally irresponsible to have teeth.
My great grandmother had all her teeth pulled by the dentist for her 21st Birthday present. The idea being it would be cheaper for her future husband as they would be no dental bills. It was a fairly common practice at the time.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I'm trying to save up to get some Hans Christian Anderson churches, but the D17 is my current churchwarden, and a great smoker. And in grey, very handsome.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Churchwarden is pretty cheap. He can probably be had for a tin of Black Frigate and a used Cobbit... 8)
jay-roger.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
My great grandmother had all her teeth pulled by the dentist for her 21st Birthday present. The idea being it would be cheaper for her future husband as they would be no dental bills. It was a fairly common practice at the time.
O, woe! May I ask where she lived when this took place. (And year if you have it handy).

Status
Not open for further replies.