PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

recurl

Lurker
Aug 14, 2010
I lucked out, my wife said "go down to the local Pipe and Tobacco Shop and get the pipe you want" (a real nice Peterson), she rapped it for Christmas then put it under the tree. It talks to me everytime I walk by. O yes, Peace on earth, good will to all man and a new President.

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
I want a job soon. Everything else is just fine. I have a healthy family, beautiful wife, lazy dog, a roof over my head and plenty of pipes and tobacco to get me into the new year. I'm very thankful for generous friends and a caring spirit that can't be bought or purchased for any price. Looking forward to a Very Merry CHRISTmas with family in Louisiana. Little Rock to Baton Rouge to Crowville and back to Little Rock. Can't wait to spend a few days on the road with my sweet wife. I'm very thankful.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Santa must have been listening. I FINALLY have my driveway plowed out! Now all I want is a visit from my kids.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
Well I could use more work, it's been very slow. But outside of that my wish would be for the best for my family and friends.

buckeye

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 16, 2010
i want a band saw and a lathe. also a few burlap bags of briar. oh and a drill press.

then everything be cool. :mrgreen:

flylot

Might Stick Around
Dec 17, 2010
I wish to have more time to spend with my violin. There are three types of people in this world, those that play no Mozart, those that play it well, and those that play it poorly. I am unfortunately in that third category.....

ernest

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2010
Money(cash only),a house(with a pool),12 women that will love me,and a private jet. These are the little things that count.

flipflopsandshades

Can't Leave
Dec 12, 2010
I just want peace and serenity this holiday season for all...
and maybe a few more pipes in the upcoming year :wink: ...but I am thankful to GOD for everything he has blessed me with! :)

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I wish to have more time to spend with my violin. There are three types of people in this world, those that play no Mozart, those that play it well, and those that play it poorly. I am unfortunately in that third category....
Lets see some pics of that violin.

flylot

Might Stick Around
Dec 17, 2010
I'll post one as soon as I get back home. I'm on a trip and won't be home until late Tuesday night.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
OK so what is your all time favorite violin piece that you would right off the bat recommend someone to listen to, that would convert them to a addict of the instrument? This is what switched me over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8NN4fpdm40
I saw them perform this in concert last year and she got an immediate standing ovation as they say she usually does.

flylot

Might Stick Around
Dec 17, 2010
That is very pretty. As far as recommendations, I wpuld be hard pressed to give you just one piece. Classical has so many styles, from Baroque to even prior, Medieval,, or Romantic period, or......Oh, golly,
Ok start with Beethoven's violin Concerto, Joshua Bell does an ok rendition, you might you tube him. Though there are so many, in the Baroque period, you might try one of Handels many Sonatas or any violin piece by Mozart for some later stuff. But the styles are so different, it's all a matter of taste.....
Understand that classical music has been around since just after Gregorian chants (around 650 AD) through such modernistic 20th Century works like the Appalacian Spring Suite. Each period is stylistically very different.
We really need a separate thread for this, I wish not to hijack the thread.....
Yes, try Beethoven's Violin Concerto, let me know what you think......

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Health, of course, and continued happiness with my girlfriend, family, and life in general.
Materially, I wouldn't mind some homebrewing supplies (especially some malt since my cat destroyed $50 worth after he tore into several pounds of dried extract) and I also wouldn't refuse a new pair of work boots. I have more books than I'd read in three lifetimes, so I don't need any new additions at this time - especially when I haven't been reading as much lately.
I would love to have a cupboard loaded with tinned tobacco and a fridge full of craft beer freely imported from the US, but that's not likely to happen!

bogie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2010
Lol its a bit off subject but Ernest's post made me think of a scene out of Monte Walsh, Tom Selleck's and Kieth Carradine's characters deliver some fence mending materials to an old man out in the field mending fence.....
Monte Walsh....Is there anything else we can get you Joe?

Fighting Joe Hooker...(with a HUGE smile on his face). Why yes, you can bring me TWO women and a fine bottle of whisky!
Lol Sorry now back to topic HAHAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.