PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2015
My Savinelli Christmas Pipe, wonderful smoker. Saint Nicholas...I like it. One of my most complimented pipes. Would love to get this years again to add to it and start a tradition.
IMG_0013_zpsyvkuxh6n.jpg

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
This is the only Christmas pipe I have. It's simply stamped "Christmas 1992" and France and a little tree on the stem. I got it from a local B&M in 1992, and it was basically just a basket of pipes he got for the holidays. Don't know anything else about it other than it smokes as good, but then I only smoke it for Christmas so it doesn't get much use. Maybe I'll smoke it on a non-holiday and see what happens.
img_0193-600x450.jpg

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
"I have a 2012 Peterson Christmas 999 bent Rhodesian with nickel band. I mainly bought it because my daughter was born 12/21/2012, so it's Damn near the same age as her. The band comes loose sometimes, but other than that it's a great pipe."
Have one that did the same thing with the band coming loose. Finally put a drop of super glue on it and eliminated the problem.

jaygreen55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2015
"I think Peterson might be the only one still making a Christmas pipe? I know Savinelli used to make them.

It's hard to find (and pricey),"
Mark Tinsky makes a Christmas pipe every year available in a range of grades and finishes Past year's pipes are also available
http://webshop.amsmoke.com/Pipes/Current-Christmas-Pipe/
http://webshop.amsmoke.com/Pipes/Past-Christmas-Pipes/

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Okay, this is a little out of the box, but consider it. If you want a nice Christmas pipe, and don't need it to be designated as such by the manufacturer, take a look at the Butz-Choquin Caprice bent billiard, blast, silver band, raspberry stem. It's light weight, with a good sized (medium) bowl. It's a handsome pipe, not too garrish, and because of the colored stem, has a holiday look. I bought mine not as a Christmas pipe, but instead of a Peterson Dracula, which was a little to loud for my taste (though it is a nifty pipe). If you want a Christmas pipe that isn't a Christmas budget buster, see what you think.

bostoneo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2016
Akron, OH
I love the Peterson xmas pipes, esp 2015's rustic one, but this years design can be a little too extreme (imo!!) to make it a non-holiday smoker for me. I'm going to dedicate it to the holiday spirit McClelland tins 2016/2017.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Alberto Bonofiglio released 25 Christmas pipes, 2 are being sold by Pipes2Smoke
http://www.pipes2smoke.com/Alberto_Bonfiglioli_pipes.htm

I don't do artisan christmas pipes, the fing things are too expensive imho for something which is celebrated annually and is not your birthday or anniversary.
Instead I collect Peterson Christmas Pipes. I have the following.
Peterson 2014 Christmas B35

BKWPZQP.jpg

Peterson 2015 Christmas 999

gHUaCJR.jpg

Peterson 2016 Christmas XL90

pODY5hX.jpg

Cheers,

Chris

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
@Chasingembers has gotta be biting his nails down to the quick. He can almost smoke that pipe!!! If he hasn't already...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Love that Dr. Grabow Royalton bulldog, which is still around $40, has a durable acrylic stem, and a really nuanced shaping of the bowl for a factory pipe. You can smoke them with the 6mm filter, or just take it out, or if you like a slightly tighter draw, use a Sav adaptor. They are great Christmas or any time pipes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I ask you, isn't this BC Caprice Christmasy?
https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/butz-choquin/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=221095

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
@Chasingembers has gotta be biting his nails down to the quick. He can almost smoke that pipe!!! If he hasn't already...
Still as pristine as the day it arrived, but as soon as the clock rolls over to midnight on Christmas Eve, it's smoke time!

Status
Not open for further replies.