PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

steyrshrek

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
Here's Chris Askwith's "Devil Anse" Hatefield's pipe interpretation. I liked it so much I had to buy it. It's going to be a great little pipe to smoke while doing other things like driving or even feuding.
904e7f30.jpg

3fc32609.jpg

708e1f98.jpg

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
You can see the line between stem and shank in the bottom picture. Looks like it's just very darkly stained.
But nice pipe ! Hope you get to enjoy her :puffpipe:

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
What a little beauty!
Can't wait to hear how she smokes....... :puffy:

steyrshrek

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
Yep it's briar with an acrylic stem. It is a Very nice deep red/brown stain and very smooth and polished.

steyrshrek

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
That said if you want to see one with a full briar stem go to Chris' web site he made one the other day it looks pretty cool sold in minutes too.

steyrshrek

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
It's only 27 grams too so it is nice and light and will be a great clencher.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I read in an interview today that he had the choice between a corn-cob and the pipe we've all seen in the show. He referred to it as an "almond pipe" which I thought was interesting.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
Now that is a great looking version of the Devil Anse pipe. I can't wait to see other pipe makers interpretation of this sure to be a classic design.

steyrshrek

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
Yes, I've been impressed with his pipes I'm glad I found him early in his career so I can afford his work, cause I don't think that is going to last.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Dude. I am sooooooo damn jealous of you right now. :crying: But, I do hope it's a great pipe for ya. :D

steyrshrek

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
He really enjoyed making it and does plan on doing some others in different finishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.