Chopped Cigar Leaf, and Blends Containing It.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

2 Fresh Chris Asteriou Pipes
36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
12 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes
23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
12 Fresh Moonshine Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Meerly John

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2021
Mid-USA
I've never had any cigar leaf in a pipe. Tomorrow I'm ordering some C&D Chopped Cigar Leaf. My question is, does it ghost? Does anyone with experience dedicate a pipe? Thanks in advance for your insights.

Reactions: Servant King
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Your description of the taste was excellent. Have at it...err, when you've got a moment, that is!
My experience with the sample of Warped: Kings Stride I was recently given by @Servant King : The burley came forward right away with some smooth sweetness. It almost came across as cocoa, but, not quite. The aroma was fascinating, like an earthy cigar, but, not like a Cuban Bolivar. Further into the bowl, the fruit was coming out; a sweet plum note, with a hint of tartness that woke up the tip of the tongue—not quite pepper, but, teasing at that sensation. I almost got a background note of vanilla behind the cigar aroma, and began to get bread notes. There were hints of lemon coming in behind those bread notes. With that hint of citrus, the effect was a bit astringent in the mouth, like the cedar of a cigar. The blend got sweeter the further into the bowl I got, and the aroma became more pungent. It was a fascinating blend that changed the more you smoked, constantly evolving. It's definitely worth revisiting.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
My experience with the sample of Warped: Kings Stride I was recently given by @Servant King : The burley came forward right away with some smooth sweetness. It almost came across as cocoa, but, not quite. The aroma was fascinating, like an earthy cigar, but, not like a Cuban Bolivar. Further into the bowl, the fruit was coming out; a sweet plum note, with a hint of tartness that woke up the tip of the tongue—not quite pepper, but, teasing at that sensation. I almost got a background note of vanilla behind the cigar aroma, and began to get bread notes. There were hints of lemon coming in behind those bread notes. With that hint of citrus, the effect was a bit astringent in the mouth, like the cedar of a cigar. The blend got sweeter the further into the bowl I got, and the aroma became more pungent. It was a fascinating blend that changed the more you smoked, constantly evolving. It's definitely worth revisiting.
Yeah, that's the stuff. Best reviewer north of the Mason-Dixon line! ✊

northernpipeshed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2017
I dedicate a few pipes to cigar blends...........Like others have said I really enjoy them sometimes.....but I'v got to be in the mood!

I really like C&D Purple Cow.....but I think I may be in the minority!

Reactions: Meerly John