PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
The kit sounds like a good route, considering you have at least smoked a few bowls in your brothers' pipes fae. The article is also a good one, if you can avoid getting bogged down by *too many* mechanics associated with the ritual of smoking. Over time you'll figure out what works for you, and you'll always be learning more. If there is any rule to observe it would only be to go slowly and discover your own tastes. Enjoy, and welcome to the club!

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Apple tobacco sounds absolutely disgusting (in regards to that kit), but I've never tried it so maybe it is good? I started out with a meerlined pipe so I wouldn't have to break it in at all and a tin of Sherlock Holmes. Worked out well for me.

faedother

Lurker
Feb 22, 2011
KY
Thank you for the advice. I will post up my experience once I get the kit, which should be next week. Juni, I will let you know if that tobaccos is nasty or not.

faedother

Lurker
Feb 22, 2011
KY
So I did find a corncob pipe. It was at my local B&M and it is a MM.

imag0018-600x400.jpg

I do not know why I could not find it on their, MM's, website.

lagavulin92

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 20, 2010
Clay +1 = 2 (yoru)
additional to the ease of use, you can learn to smoke it slowly and coolly by touching the bowl and understanding how the pipe works. Other materials don't offer such an insight on the intensity and dynamics of the ember.

westcoastrich

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2011
I smoke two cobb's ( one straight & one bent from M. M. ), they are great for smoking around the house and yard, you don't have to careful with them , just enjoy them for what they are. they don't seem to have a ghost, so I can switch tobaccos as I need. They are a short smoke as they don't hold much tobacco, but even with the drawbacks they are a very good pipe to enjoy your tobacco.
Westcoastrich

faedother

Lurker
Feb 22, 2011
KY
I have smoked about 8 bowls out of the pipe and it is finally losing the bitter taste from the finish. However when I smoke the pipe, and relight the pipe, I get a ashy taste in my mouth. Now I remember from smoking clove cigars that the only time I got a ashy taste in my mouth was when I relight the cigar. Now I do realize that when I have to relight my pipe that it cause this taste. But it seems like it shouldn't happen.

So could you all tell me what I am doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.