PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
$10.70 per 50 gram can Pipes and Cigars.

Highly Recommended

Blender’s description

Cherry Bomb uses some of the finest flue cured Virginias and steamed black cavendish tobaccos and enhances them with excellent notes of tangy cherry and silky vanilla for wonderful flavor and aroma.

—-

As the name implies Cherrybomb is an aro bomb, emitting huge clouds of cherry candy scented smoke. But the difference between this and most other cherry cavendish tobaccos is a healthy amount of fire cured Virginia that comes through the cherry and vanilla sauce to provide a dose of nicotine and Virginia flavors of hay and citrus I really like. This is not a typical super sweet cherry cotton candy blend. This is fire cured Virginia with sweet black cavendish and very tasty cherry and vanilla flavorings.

It packs easily and burns well, with no bite, harshness, or bitterness.

The can looks classy, and reminds you that life’s luxuries are sometimes only ten bucks and change.

727B9D03-89C9-44F2-A02C-F5F49C6E0E0D.jpeg27F836BF-49BB-4CF3-8A4A-DE87CFF65B2C.jpeg72C560BC-7720-4A93-B741-5EC497D6D91A.jpeg

PaulDM

Lurker
Dec 12, 2022
This was one of the first tobaccos I bought and one of the few that I threw in the garbage after smoking one bowl. Awful stuff.

thepipesman

Lurker
Apr 13, 2023
I just finished a bowl of this about 30 minutes ago. I got a tin in a sampler deal a month ago and have been smoking it off and on in rotation. To me it's quite pleasant. I did read a lot of negative reviews about it so was worried when I first packed the bowl. My first couple smokes with it took a quite a few relights until I realized I needed to let it air dry a bit, it comes quite humid in the tin. Fresh from the tin it actually smells more of vanilla with dry cherry fruit in the background. The room note aroma is very pleasant, like a sweet vanilla nuttiness. I don't know what all the negative reviews were about, maybe I just don't have a refined palate but I thought it was a nice smoke. I don't typically like flavored tobacco either, I tend to like dark earthy smokey grassy leather natural tobaccos best. I probably won't go out of my way to buy it again unless it was on super sale but I wouldn't turn it down if somebody gifted me it either. It's a very nice aromatic for people around you, so if you plan on smoking around people who may normally object to the smell of tobacco, they might be more accommodating with something like this.

thepipesman

Lurker
Apr 13, 2023
I just had another 2 bowls of this today and it's really growing on me. I finally am noticing the cherry flavor, I find that it's more apparent the hotter the bowl smokes. And I get it a little bit on the after taste. It's still very mild in my opinion, the formulation of my current tobacco must not match the ones from a lot of the older reviews. I still find the vanilla to be the most prominent flavor and scent on this blend. I also get a nice nuttiness from it the hotter the bowl smokes. And a little peppery bite from the tobacco. It's definitely better than the drug store Middleton's cherry flavored tobacco I tried 15 years ago. It's a light, sweet smoke I really don't have anything bad to say about it. I don't taste the chemical cough syrup that other people in reviews have mentioned. Maybe my palate has been destroyed by covid?

Reactions: Briar Lee

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Surprised no one’s made a joke yet about how they’d “Runaway” from this one. Or am I the only one who hears the song every time I see the blend name…?

Reactions: Briar Lee