PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandlerjr

Lurker
Dec 14, 2011
After my wife got a wiff of PS Sweet Vanilla, she wants me to find a Cherry aromatic (this is the same wife that will not let me smoke in the house). So, Stongirish's review of PS Sweet Vanilla was dead on, and I liked it. Anyone got a Cherry aromatic favorite to recommend?

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I just tried Mac Baren 7 Seas Red the other night and I think you'll like it. It didn't bite in my non-filtered Savinelli and it wasn't like smoking cough syrup either. It had a slight cherry taste/olfactory throughout the bowl. It did need some drying time, though as it was quite moist at first.
-Jason

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
+1 to 7 Seas Red Blend. This is by far my favourite cherry blend. The cherry isn't your usual sweet marachino cherry flavouring. It's a semi-tart wild cherry flavour which is very good. The flavouring comes through just right in the smoke.

francois1

Might Stick Around
Jul 21, 2011
7 seas i started about 3 weeks ago and is now my main tobacco

price is good and when i use my other blends (peterson) they

are much more enjoyable My briar pipes for some reason now

take a back seat my #1 pipe now is the good old corn(MM)

david(SCOTLAND)

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I have never found a cherry blend I like. (I have not tried 7 Seas.) They have all tasted like cough syrup. I do like Prince Al cherry vanilla, however. Good tobacco taste, and not cloying. It and PA Soft Vanilla are the only OTC aros I can stomach.

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
Boswell's Sweet and Mild isn't bad for a once in a while smoke. Also Uhle's Wild Cherry is pretty good - nice tart flavor. I have tried Sterlings/1776 Nantucket Cherry - however it isn't very cherry in flavor and it tends to burn very hot in a briar - so I no longer smoke it. May have to try 7 Seas Red at some point as I like a cherry flavor sometimes. Still haven't found the bell ringer on this Aro yet.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
I have never found a cherry blend I like. (I have not tried 7 Seas.
I have the same problem, Jud, but 7 Seas Red is the only cherry I've been able to smoke. It's also not that overly sweet fake cherry flavor with an over abundance of syrup. It's more of a tart wild cherry. It's clean, drier than other cherry blends I've tried and doesn't give a bite.

Jul 12, 2011
Sillem's Red has a very nice Apple, Plum and Cherry type flavor to

my taste, high quality bacci
Also Top Black Cherry has a "real" cherry flavor but was very intense, so

I blended some prem burley 50/50 with it and it is now one of my fav blends,

give that a try as well
I also here Boswell's cherry blend is fantastic, have to still try it

jameral

Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
McClelland Bulk M27 Three Cherries is the only cherry I've smoked so I can't compare it to others, but I've liked it so far.

chandlerjr

Lurker
Dec 14, 2011
Thanks all for your input. Jason has gotten to know, what my tongue can take, and what my taste buds like, so I will be ordering Mac Baren 7 Seas Red tomorrow. I will let you all know what I think when I get my order. Thanks again!

Larry C.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Looks like I have a few more cherry blends to add to my TAD list. I forgot to mention that my wife never got a chance to smell the room note of the 7seas Red so I don't have any empirical data for that. Let us know what your wife thinks of it.
-Jason

wildcat

Jan 1, 2012
Paladin was too cough syrupy for me. I want to try Middletons Cherry one day (any opinions). The 7 seas sounds interesting...

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
all 7 seas blends r great in order of top 3 personal preference, Black, Royal, Gold, havent tried the cherry yet but i assume if its like the others make sure u dry it a bit first

Status
Not open for further replies.