PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Yes, $7.00 is a good figure. You can go to $6.00., buying by the box, but for that price you're probably going to find that Olivias are the best, but with them I never really got the smoke that I wanted from, say, the G. Now the V was another story entirely, but for some reason I didn't want to pay that price and ended up smoking cigars even more expensive! Go figure.

Reactions: jaytex1969

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Well, I just "up"ed my cheap ass cigar game.

I went from a $3 cigar to a $5 one.

Ordered a box of 20 CAO Pilon Coronas for about a hunnert dolla.

A bonus offer on Cigar Int'l allowed a $5 add on for 10 CAO Flathead V660 Carb cigars, which seemed like an awfully good deal.

My 10 seconds of research leads me to believe that the Flatheads will likely kick my ass, though...

Anyone smoke either of these?

1604098033112.png

Reactions: pantsBoots

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Well, I just "up"ed my cheap ass cigar game.

I went from a $3 cigar to a $5 one.

Ordered a box of 20 CAO Pilon Coronas for about a hunnert dolla.

A bonus offer on Cigar Int'l allowed a $5 add on for 10 CAO Flathead V660 Carb cigars, which seemed like an awfully good deal.

My 10 seconds of research leads me to believe that the Flatheads will likely kick my ass, though...

Anyone smoke either of these?

View attachment 49064
The Pilon are pretty good. For $5, I'd rather have a box of Partagas Shorts or Por Larrañaga Montecarlos (or Fuente 858, La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet no 3 and Montesino), but the Pilon are the one bright spot, for me, since Cano Ozgener sold the CAO brand.

Reactions: jaytex1969

Mike S

Lurker
Oct 1, 2019
Perth, Australia
mikescallan.com
I think I pay a low amount for my cigars. My strategy

1. Smoke a variety of samples to have a large no of cigars I like
2. I make sure I have space in humidor
3. I go to a cigar auction site - Bid on a HUGE no of auctions of cigars I like
4. At the end, I win some, lose some and end up a load of good cigars I like

Some of the good deals

1. 601 Blue Label Maduro is an exceptionally good budget cigar. I got a box of 20 for 70$
2. I like Monte Christo Classic for a mild smoke. I got around 50$ for a pack of 10 Churchill’s
3. Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 Connecticut- Not very highly rated, but I like it. Bought multiple times at an average price of 3.50$ per stick. Toro and Gordo sizes
4. NUB Maduro is excellent. It is only 4 inches, but lasts almost as long as a full size cigar. Paid about 30$ for a pack of 10.
Even the expensive cigars- I wait for a deal. Padron 1926 is very strong so a short #6 is good enough. Never on sale, it is 14.40$ per stick. I bought a bunch during smoking pipes 20% sale
Cheers mate, thanks for that!!

Reactions: cshubhra
Status
Not open for further replies.