PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
I just saw on SPC that Chatham Manor is now being offered in bulk by Sutliff. I've only ever seen this on offer from P&C as it is one of Russ Oulett's Midtown blends. Did I miss something? Did P&C sell the recipe or something?

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
I ordered a bag of Chatham Manor as soon as SP stocked it. (I had wanted to try it for some time, but use SP.com exclusively for export to Canada.) excited to compare it to all the other codger-type burleys I’ve been enjoying lately.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
they also have a bunch more Sutliff match/bulk blends.
Stepping up some stock in something.. rather than having "out of stock" everywhere you click maybe?

Reactions: python

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I ordered a bag of Chatham Manor as soon as SP stocked it. (I had wanted to try it for some time, but use SP.com exclusively for export to Canada.) excited to compare it to all the other codger-type burleys I’ve been enjoying lately.
Ditto. Hopefully it meets or exceeds expectations, unlike Mixture 79 which was a bit of a let down. Maybe I should make Embers smoke the rest.

I'd be interested in trying Prince Andrew as well.

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
Sutliff has made all of the Mid-Town blends from the very beginning. The tubs tell you that. Besides, I was Sutliff blender Carl McAllister's taste tester for the blends when he and Russ were working on them.

I checked my tub of CM as soon as I saw this, but mine doesn't have "Sutliff" anywhere on it.

grumpyoltroll

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 14, 2018

Not a big codger blend fan but I find Chatham Manor to be a great smoke (especially so considering the price).

Reactions: Bowie and Casual

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I checked my tub of CM as soon as I saw this, but mine doesn't have "Sutliff" anywhere on it.
I just checked mine and you are correct. I am a little surprised by that. If you buy the Mid-Town blends in bulk under the "Match" names, especially in the one pound bags, you will see the Sutliff name.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I just checked mine and you are correct. I am a little surprised by that. If you buy the Mid-Town blends in bulk under the "Match" names, especially in the one pound bags, you will see the Sutliff name.
Guess we're just concerned about getting something different from the real deal. Although I'd think that to sell a different blend under the same name would be copyright infringement or something like that, I dunno how strictly policed the 'no two products can share the same name' condition is.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Guess we're just concerned about getting something different from the real deal. Although I'd think that to sell a different blend under the same name would be copyright infringement or something like that, I dunno how strictly policed the 'no two products can share the same name' condition is.
If I had a nickel for every time I've smoked a blend under many different names, I could take a trip around the world several times and still have change to pay for @Sablebrush to get a face transplant. :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.