PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I have a side hustle in my collection for Charles Maas pipes. As a marquee they are very special to me as they remind me of friendship. I have been fortunate enough to buy, trade, shamelessly beg and be surprised by the generosity of fellow hoarders enthusiasts of old britwood to start putting a few pieces together.

Here is the family shot, with like most summer holidays the runt missing. I had a small billiard that had its amber smashed to pieces courtesy of Royal Mail so that’s off to be restemmed.

anyone else got any Charlie’s?

4261CF8F-005B-4E21-A705-CDF50F43B30E.jpeg

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
Ahi Ka:

I have an estate Maas meerschaum with amber bit that looks very similar to the one shown in your first image above, and it is a favorite. I won't even guess at its age except to say that it is OLD; regardless, it is still delivers a fine smoke.

• Love
Reactions: Ahi Ka

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Would love to see a pic bro. Is it shaped like the cutty or the Dublin? The briar bulldog in the same case as the dublin is my hands down best smoker. No idea why. It just is.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Wow really nice @Ahi Ka!

You and Ash have certainly been giving me the itch to find some really nice estates like these.

I really love the Era of life these originated from too, the late 1800s, early 1900s.

This one on deadmanspipes caught my eye. I still need to learn more, about which are the nice ones out there, like this one, if it’s a good one.

P.S. Didn’t mean to derail the post with my reply...

Reactions: Ahi Ka

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I may know a guy who sells old Britwood…ahem…ahem ?

that one Todd has for sale looks beautiful, he presents his stuff really nicely. Unfamiliar with the H&J maker, but the hallmark is for 1910 not 1900.

Reactions: PipeIT

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
One of the quotes of the year.

It's right next to the few poetic lines from @JOHN72 with "I'll kick your ass, like a fresh cauliflower" (and I mean this will all due respect as it is one of my favorite quotes that still makes me laugh).
I love john’s quote too. I think of it often and ponder the esoteric mysteries of its origin.