PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
As we have traveled through the American south I have noticed Chacom as a B&M staple next to Peterson, C&D, GLP,Macbarren,Rattray’s.
I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere as being sought after am I missing something?

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Sooooo, now you want to start a stampede to make sure that you never see it on the shelves again? Ha ha. If you enjoy it, then enjoy it. No need to turn the masses onto it and run up the demand. puffy
Ok I hear ya ,coming from mostly buying and discussing online , I just thought it odd I mean if it’s on the shelf as a staple there must be a reason , do you have a favorite non aro?

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
I will 2nd that they are not celebrated here. I ordered a tin of the Grand Cru to try though. There’s a lot of great blends that people on here seldom mention, so I wouldn’t let the silence dissuade you. Please report your findings if you try any.

Reactions: vosBghos and Elric

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
I will 2nd that they are not celebrated here. I ordered a tin of the Grand Cru to try though. There’s a lot of great blends that people on here seldom mention, so I wouldn’t let the silence dissuade you. Please report your findings if you try any.
They seem to only stock the C&D style small tubs with proper names ,the art on blends marked simply #1-5/6 ( don’t recall how many) seems like it’d be on proper round flat tins , but I haven’t a clue. Next time I see a non aro I’ll snag it and see what the hub bub is about …

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Smoking Pipes offers four blends of Chacom, all mild, and all of them out of stock. I live in the American South. Where are all these widely stocked tobacco counters?
All the stocked versions were not the # (untitled) numbered blends they were named with graphics Grand Cru , Royale, and Saint Claude. I saw them at Mayan Trading Company in LA and Smoky’s Cigar Lounge in TN maybe a few others but I remember those because I made purchases from them. The Royale was an English the other two were Aro so I did‘t bite but I will next time and if I see their VaPer I might try it.

Dec 16, 2019
As of now, I've tasted three of these four horsemen... No. 1,2 & 4 and let me tell y'all: they don't disappoint... Actually as I'm writing this, I'm smoking my first tin of no. 2, to be honest, being an aromatic I bought it with a little bit of doubt... But I've been rewarded with a cool burning nice mild aromatic which smells near the tin note... And tastes sour and a little sweet. I will try no. 3 for sure. By the way, No.s 1&4 are also brilliant non aromatics... Kudos to Jeremy Reeves and K&K.