PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike68

Might Stick Around
Jul 25, 2011
Sounds cool! Maybe call ourselves the "Hurricane Alley" pipers or something?!? 8O

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
So no one else in on it? We could meet like once a month in Orlando(because it seems the most middle ground between Lake Mary, Lakeland, Ocala, Tampa, and the spacecoast)?? Anyone?

nathaniel

Jan 4, 2011
Cool.. Well, I think that's four. Who else? Let's get this going! I could make flyers for the 3 B&M's around here, for them to pass out with every pipe related purchase. There is one in Titusville, Merritt Island, and I know of at least one in Orlando.

nathaniel

Jan 4, 2011
apparently... along with wannafly34 and maybe mike 68?
It'd be cool to do something though. If we could find a place in Orlando or something to meet, then I could start having the B&M's hand out flyers with every related purchase like I said. Flyers with a time and place for the "initiation"
I don't know where we could meet though. I suppose it would have to be maybe a pub with an outside patio or something. But in this weather? I don't know if folks would be up for it.

ck12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2011
Outside patio would be risky business because of the heat humidity and the every day unexpected thunderstorms that always roll through.

nathaniel

Jan 4, 2011
so very true... it's a dilemma that's to be sure. So any suggestions?

Of course there is also a pipe club in St. Augustine as well, I think.

number6

Might Stick Around
Apr 28, 2011
I'm a little south of you guys in Palm Beach.
(and there is no Palm Beach pipe club either... :( )

bclarke

Lurker
Aug 25, 2011
I am going to set aside Saturday, November 5, as a day to get together with whomever wants to. Don't know where or time, but I marked my calendar. Perhaps Edward's in Lakeland? Harry's in Oviedo?

ck12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2011
Edwards in Tampa has a pipe club that meets every saturday i forget the time but it starts in the morning and goes for pretty much how ever long people would like to stick around for.

nightmarejones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
I'm actually about an hour from Orlando,Tampa and Ocala...I'd be interested in getting together and/or doing a club thing.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Sorry. I wasn't following this discussion for a while. I'd be up for a Tampa area club. I'll have to look into what goes on at Edwards so as not to duplicate efforts. There used to be a Tampa club run by a guy named Nick. I tried to contact him in the past, but he didn't get back to me. I have since found him on LinkedIn though.

billinsfl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2010
I'm in Ft Lauderdale. Both Bennington's stores are great: one in sarasota the other in Boca Raton. There is also a pipe store called The Pipe Den in Vero Beach that has a lot of estate pipes and tobaccos. Bayview Tobacco in Ft Lauderdale is also a good choice when in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.