PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

badbriar

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
"What days are you guys usually available? I’m free whenever. Let’s get this going"

From the responses here and in the other discussion, there are enough interested parties to get something going.
Since there are individuals from Orlando to Sarasota and in between, we could have a rotation and meet at different locations.
I'd propose a start date for the weekend after next, June 27 or 28, at Edwards Pipe Shop In Tampa.

What say ??? :sher: :sher: :sher:

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
"What days are you guys usually available? I’m free whenever. Let’s get this going"

From the responses here and in the other discussion, there are enough interested parties to get something going.
Since there are individuals from Orlando to Sarasota and in between, we could have a rotation and meet at different locations.
I'd propose a start date for the weekend after next, June 27 or 28, at Edwards Pipe Shop In Tampa.

I’m game. Let’s get a minimum of four to make it interesting and entertaining.

Reactions: radrick96

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida

Aye, we could rotate locations. If we meet once a month I’d have no problem taking a little road trip once in a while.
Unfortunately, I’m 45 minutes north of Orlando, so Tampa will be a no-go for me.
I would not want to make the drive either. Tampa is an hour and a half for me and I’m in Orlando. But seems like we could switch every two weeks or every month, between Tampa and Orlando depending on how often everyone wants to meet. I’m also down to meet up outside of any “pipe club” type events to smoke a bowl.

I’m game. Let’s get a minimum of four to make it interesting and entertaining.
I agree we should have a minimum. Otherwise the meeting should just get canceled until next time and whoever wants to meet can still communicate and do so outside of the pipe club.

I’m in.
For tribute I have unopened cans of HH Rustica and Warped Until the End depending on which you guys want me to bring.

gatorhazard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2020
There's also at least one pipe shop over in Tampa. If any interest in heading this way, give a shout. I'm in Sarasota.
I was just at Edwards Pipe & Tobacco shop in Tampa today to pick up some PS Flake and Bullseye. Great and welcoming people there. Said I should come hang out on a Friday night when they stay open late or a Saturday morning. They apparently have a group that gathers on Saturday AM and does some pipe smoking. I’d meet up with advanced notice with anyone. They grill burgers and dogs on Friday nights and do a small brunch and coffee on Saturday mornings.

in addition to this my in laws are in a burb East of Orlando so I would not mind making a trek there on occasion to do some meets.

I’m relatively new to pipe smoking so I don’t have any aged tobacco tins but I do have some Cuban montecristo #5s and don’t mind buying a round either.

Last edited:

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
I was just at Edwards Pipe & Tobacco shop in Tampa today to pick up some PS Flake and Bullseye. Great and welcoming people there. Said I should come hang out on a Friday night when they stay open late or a Saturday morning. They apparently have a group that gathers on Saturday AM and does some pipe smoking. I’d meet up with advanced notice with anyone. They grill burgers and dogs on Friday nights and do a small brunch and coffee on Saturday mornings.

in addition to this my in laws are in a burb East of Orlando so I would not mind making a trek there on occasion to do some meets.

I’m relatively new to pipe smoking so I don’t have any aged tobacco tins but I do have some Cuban montecristo #5s and don’t mind buying a round either.
My tins aren’t aged either.
I’m only 24 and new also, as in only smoked PA out of cobs a year before I was forced to order online and then stumbled into a rabbit hole on the forums.

That place sounds pretty cool. Thanks for the info!

Reactions: gatorhazard

Spavilla

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 6, 2020
Gulf Coast of Florida
I’m interested in this proposed meet-up. I’m about 1/2 hour west. Curious though, how we all smoke with our masks on ? ?LOL. Seriously, does anyone know if these Sat am meetups still going on?

Reactions: radrick96

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
Is anybody interested in meeting next week?

We could have our first meeting in Orlando for those who can’t make the drive to Sarasota or Tampa. I propose we meet either this Sunday or next Monday evening at Corona Cigars & Drew Estate Lounge.

I look forward to kicking this off. Let me know if you’re interested here or through PM and which day works best. Happy smokes!
-Rick

gatorhazard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2020
Was there still interest in meeting at Edward's in Tampa any time this month? Im still in if others want too

magicpiper

Jul 9, 2018
MCO
I went to Orlando once on business. Actually, long before, I'd gone to Disney World with my fast-driving cuz' in his TR-3 from Ft. Myers, during the gas shortage when the Disney World parking lot was almost empty. (Loved the sound of that little roadster, just music all the way, and he was a very fast, very good driver.) But years later, I went on business to that astonishingly vast convention center on the strip with unending chain restaurants and outlets. In fact, at the moment I am wearing a Hawaiian shirt in muted brown and orange that I bought there all those years ago. I was astonished that Disney World made no provision at the time for convention goers to visit the park for a few hours. It was all a full-price ticket or nothing. It's a certain kind of thing, for those who love it. Always wished they'd sent me to 'Vegas, not for the gambling, for the spectacle. I realize the Orlando community is a different place, and I didn't get there.
Disney has its rabid legion of admirers near and far. They stand in endless lines to pay too much money to stand in long lines all day. The romance of Walt Disney and his mouse has given way to absurd politics, low to near slave wages, and tone deaf policies. They would much rather spend $10 million to protect the sacred cows of Bangladesh than spend $1,000 on employee wages and benefits. And, no, I have never worked for Disney. Central FL is full of disgruntled emplyees that can fill you in.

Spavilla

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 6, 2020
Gulf Coast of Florida
Disney has its rabid legion of admirers near and far. They stand in endless lines to pay too much money to stand in long lines all day. The romance of Walt Disney and his mouse has given way to absurd politics, low to near slave wages, and tone deaf policies. They would much rather spend $10 million to protect the sacred cows of Bangladesh than spend $1,000 on employee wages and benefits. And, no, I have never worked for Disney. Central FL is full of disgruntled emplyees that can fill you in.
Not sure about the relevance of Disney to our proposed meeting, but I am game for the AM meeting (was it a Sat?). Need advance notice, of course. Must buy my driver a pipe to participate.

magicpiper

Jul 9, 2018
MCO
Not sure about the relevance of Disney to our proposed meeting, but I am game for the AM meeting (was it a Sat?). Need advance notice, of course. Must buy my driver a pipe to participate.
Read the quote from a previous post.
And yes, enough of that BS. Let’s get a pipe meeting going.

MikeDizzle

Lurker
Aug 18, 2020
Palm Coast, FL
I just got back home to FL and saw the thread. Any more traction on getting a group together? I’m in Palm Coast, but I’ll travel anywhere ya’ll decide to meet up, whether monthly or more frequently. Let us know!