PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2015
Just as I was starting to feel somewhat proud of my meager cellar. Now I have a severe case of cellar envy.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Dave, I see some Samuel Gawith 250g packages in your cellar.
In your opinion, are those packages good for long term?
I've been jarring them up.
To keep with the thread topic, I scored these two huge bins for next to nothing at a yard sale. I like that they are black and let in no light.
c1.jpg

After I filled those, I began amassing the piles of cardboard boxes. I recently realized that the lower compartment of my bedside table was wasted space, so I moved all the jarred stuff there. Now, the bins will suffice for a bit longer.
c2.jpg

c3.jpg

jay-roger.jpg

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I use a couple of the soda crates also from muttonchop's video. I use the taller jars in them to fit more product but they work great as shown.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I use a couple of the soda crates also from muttonchop's video. I use the taller jars in them to fit more product but they work great as shown.

oldtoby

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2011
@jaytex
Love the nightstand pic. Looks much like mine sans the 12 gauge street broom.
Cellar? What's that? Never heard of one. I know nothing.... 8)

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
All you guys with these fancy plastic bins stacked neatly atop each other attest to a maniacally, perhaps even manically, over-organized mind. My cellar of course is much better. First, all of my bulk is in jars. Period. When I was jarring I had the entirely appropriate idea to retain the cases, that as you know, fit twelve jars interspersed by those nifty cardboard sidings, and from this brilliant idea I quickly came to another: stack them. Half of my cellar thus stands 10 cases deep X 3 in a nondescript part of my kitchen, because, the entire kitchen is nondescript, as is my house, a testament to one thing: pipes, pipe tobacco and cigars, plus the world's best pussycat and a computer. So what if a female would swoon on entry to my surpassing abode? She would have been warned.
Back to my cellar, the other half of which is in boxes under the living room table and a smaller table dedicated to jars, often in the boxes in which it was shipped. There is such economy, nay, a Zen like simplicity, in just keeping my tins in the original boxes.
"Containers? we don't need no stinking containers!"

johnsteam86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2018
I know if I showed my wife a couple pictures of these she would be like " Nope you are not doing that." Little does she know that the filing cabinet is being slowly taken over by disappearing mason jars around the house.

rx2man

Part of the Furniture Now
May 25, 2012
@ dmcmtk if you go on vacation can you post up your address and the dates you will be gone??.....

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I did show my wife these pictures...sooo i will not be doing that anymore . Secret cellering it is!
We should all be carving out drywall to utilize the space between studs, which ought to be perfect size for tins!
Yeah, well, you haven't seen my backyard yet:
Sure could use a set of XS650 carbs...... :mrgreen:
jay-roger.jpg

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
That first photo of all 16 tins of Gaslight was awesome. Don't get me wrong, it was the hook that got me to scroll down and the rest of it was friggin magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.