PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

framitz

Can't Leave
Oct 25, 2013
Remember 5percent vie for law review. 5 percent work to stay in school and the rest play bridge and basketball. Shel

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
jessicac:
Perhaps, upon graduation, you and newbroom's daughter could team-up to form a law practice? My eldest brother's son is just finishing his first year at the University of Connecticut's School of Law, and plans to practice in the international arena upon graduation.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Only pipes I saw in law school were the kind that had a carburetter. I'd say you're ahead of the curve.

gphenry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2014
Congratulations. A celebration is deserved, then buckle up and get ready for a lot of hard work. It will all be worth it in the end.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
A very good reason to smoke a celebratory bowl for sure. Congratulations and good luck to you. :puffy:

maxx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 10, 2015
You probably have, but if not, check out Scott Turow's book One L.
From his website -
Published by Penguin, December, 2010

Paperback, 304 pages, ISBN:9780143119029
One L, Scott Turow's journal of his first year at law school and a best-seller when it was first published in 1977, has gone on to become a virtual bible for prospective law students. Not only does it introduce with remarkable clarity the ideas and issues that are the stuff of legal education; it brings alive the anxiety and competitiveness — with others and, even more, with oneself — that set the tone in this crucible of character building. Turow's multidimensional delving into his protagonists' psyches and his marvelous gift for suspense prefigure the achievements of his celebrated first novel, Presumed Innocent, one of the best-selling and most talked about books of 1987.
Each September, a new crop of students enter Harvard Law School to begin an intense, often grueling, sometimes harrowing year of introduction to the law. Turow's group of One Ls are fresh, bright, ambitious, and more than a little daunting. Even more impressive are the faculty: Perini, the dazzling, combative professor of contracts, who presents himself as the students' antagonist in their struggle to master his subject; Zechman, the reserved professor of torts who seems so indecisive the students fear he cannot teach; and Nicky Morris, a young, appealing man who stresses the humanistic aspects of law.
In the new afterword for this edition of One L, the author looks back on law school from the perspective of ten years' work as a lawyer and offers some suggestions for reforming legal education.
- See more at: http://www.hachettebookgroup.com/features/scottturow/onel.html#sthash.aLRuCW8N.dpuf

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
North Central Florida
New that's a Handsome Daughter you have.
That's an interesting compliment for a girl, but, I'll take it as such. She's a very special individual with an amazing creativity and optimism, to go with her intelligence, humor and radiance.

jessicac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
Hey, handsome is gender neutral. ;)

But yeah newbroom, good on her. Your daughter can be a role model for us first years to look up to.
The calabash is a good idea, I think I might look into one once I pass the bar.
And thanks for the Turow headsup, I've got a couple of months before classes, so there's plenty of time to enjoy my freedom.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Handsome in Cajun language is a good thing, I see character in her face, pretty doesn't mean nothing in my book. You can see the love she has for you in that picture, and the smarts. It's a high Cajun compliment.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
North Central Florida
Here's a pic taken of 'the kid' a few months ago. She's living in Alaska.
erininak-600x450.jpg
This picture shows ME some independent self assurance shining through.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
North Central Florida
I will ask.

I've 'bumped' this thread based on the bragging portion of the Title.

My daughter celebrated her 28th birthday yesterday with the arrival of the news that she'd passed the bar exam in Alaska!

She had to wait a month for results...and obviously had to experience a bit of anxiety. You have to spend money to take these bar exams and you surely don't want to have to take it repeatedly.

This her second State Bar exam success since she graduated in June of 2013. I thought she'd taken one in PA but they recognized IL's.

Status
Not open for further replies.