PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Paid off my house and car. ;)

It was a foam based grill cleaning acid at a food manufacturing facility that I was auditing. A leak occurred and i was shot in the face, neck, and mouth. Third degree chemical burns and later my teeth began to fall apart.
Don’t know if it was worth it but I’m glad you got compensated. Damn man, I had no idear! Now I understand a bit more why you prefer vulcanite stems. Have you ever tried gumming a pipe? I guess that would be the term? Clenching you’re pipe without your dentures.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

charf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 10, 2018
New Zealand
I have to have 4x 35 year old fillings in my molars replaced. Doc said he could do all of them in one go with no local anesthetic. Hmmm....?

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Q: What time do you have to the dentist?

A: tooth hurty.

:ROFLMAO:

@olkofri

I actually had a great time getting my teeth removed.

1) totally painless

2) a very attractive lady is my dentist

3) same very well endowed lady had to lay across my forehead to get leverage to pull my teeth

4) when she had to take breaks between pulling teeth I asked her if it was good for her and she just smiled.

:) (But she's thinking, "gd men!").

Paid off my house and car. ;)

It was a foam based grill cleaning acid at a food manufacturing facility that I was auditing. A leak occurred and i was shot in the face, neck, and mouth. Third degree chemical burns and later my teeth began to fall apart.

So awful!

I have to have 4x 35 year old fillings in my molars replaced. Doc said he could do all of them in one go with no local anesthetic. Hmmm....?

He's a liar! Have you read what the ancients endured with their teeth, and the barbrous methods available at that time? Novocain, baby!

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
A mouthful of gauze for a few hours, soft food for a week, and stitches dissolved in ten days.
Ohh, so you had stitches. When they pulled out one of my molars they just left the socket open with the clot in place. I was terrified the clot would be dislodged and I'd end up with a dry socket. ? Two of the most unnerving days of my life.

• Haha

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Ohh, so you had stitches. When they pulled out one of my molars they just left the socket open with the clot in place. I was terrified the clot would be dislodged and I'd end up with a dry socket. ? Two of the most unnerving days of my life.
Dry socket, when it does happen, only lasts about a week.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
@olkofri

I actually had a great time getting my teeth removed.

1) totally painless

2) a very attractive lady is my dentist

3) same very well endowed lady had to lay across my forehead to get leverage to pull my teeth

4) when she had to take breaks between pulling teeth I asked her if it was good for her and she just smiled.?
my one tooth that had to be removed had completely fused to the jaw bone. It didn't hurt but there is something about hearing the sound of bones cracking coming from inside your head that is deeply and primordially unsettling.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
my one tooth that had to be removed had completely fused to the jaw bone. It didn't hurt but there is something about hearing the sound of bones cracking coming from inside your head that is deeply and primordially unsettling.
I had a root canal years ago and that one fused to my jaw. Yeah, the cracking was unnerving, but the mammaries of the event are pleasant. rotf

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Back when I had my wisdom teeth pulled, I had an old retired army dentist that did mine. He was old school. No gas, no funny pills. Just a shot of Novocain, and he didn’t even wait for that shit to start working before he got crackin’! My toes could not have been any more curled in my boots! He had to cut a couple of mine in half to extract them. You are right, hearing your own teeth/bone crack is about as cringe-inducing as it gets.
A few years later my wife got hers done by another dentist. She had laughing gas, pills, the whole works. She didn’t even know what zip code she was in. No pain, no memory of getting her teeth getting pulled, nothing. I felt cheated ?

Status
Not open for further replies.