PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

firas nofal

Lurker
Apr 17, 2020
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

which captain black less bite tongue
Which captain black less sweet

Last edited by a moderator:

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I think you'll like the Lane Limited versions of the Captain Black blends. They have less PG then the Captain Black blends so you won't get the chemical taste like you do with CB blends.

RLP-6 is Captain Black White
1Q is Captain Black Royal
BCA is Captain Black Dark
MV-1000 is Captain Black Gold
TK-6 or maybe Very Cherry is Captain Black Cherry

You can read the reviews of each blend under Lane Limited on

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
I think you'll like the Lane Limited versions of the Captain Black blends. They have less PG then the Captain Black blends so you won't get the chemical taste like you do with CB blends.

You can read the reviews of each blend under Lane Limited on

^This

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
After only 16 years of smoking the pipes, I feel like someone's finally given me the secret code! I'm not a Capt. Black smoker and the only Lane bulk I smoked was Crown Acievement, but still! Thank you, Ray!

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Or, MacBaren's counter to CB: 7 Seas: they also have it in Regular, Royal, Gold, and Red. The tins' colour should tell you which version of CB they're matching one-upping.

mikey517

Lurker
Jul 27, 2019
NJ
I really like the bulk version of Captain Black Original (white). I had a pouch that I opened about 2 years ago, didn't care too much for it, folded it up and put it on a shelf over my work bench. I found it a couple of months ago and tried a bowl. I realized I liked it better and I could smoke it in a pinch.

Eventually I ordered a 4oz bag bulk from Cup O Joes to try and I really liked it...a whole lot! I've compared it to some RLP-6 I had put up last November and, though close, I still prefer the CBW.

I also ordered the bulk version of CB Cherry, and Lane Very Cherry to compare to Lanes TK-6. To my novice taste buds, neither tastes remotely close to the TK-6. The bulk CB Cherry is an improvement over the pouch version...smoother and less bite. The Very Cherry definitely has a cough drop taste, though not unpleasant.

I guess the purpose of this ramble was to say the obvious; personal tastes vary from one to the next and to me, the Lane-XX = CBxx does not seem accurate. YMMV, but my go to tobaccos now are bulk CB Original, Land TK-6, and good ole Prince Albert (from the tub).

Status
Not open for further replies.