PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I'm surprised no one has suggested White Russians. I find most vanilla scented aromatics go well with a Caucasian. Hell, if you're feeling a bit saucy, make it a Black Russian. The Kahlua with some nice (read: not cheap Mr. Boston's or the like) vodka will bring out the nuance in the CBW and compliment it well. If I wasn't sick, I'd go smoke a bowl with a nice Caucasian right now! C'est la vie!
-Jason

yuri66

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2010
(Blue label, of course
LOL! $500 scotch with low grade aromatic tobacco!? Heresy!
@ Marmal4de, that is stereotypic, you have to have expensive tobacco for expensive drinks? Why? I have always enjoyed CBW and as well as a good glass of quality scotch, just because somone prefers the taste of a "low grade aromatic" does that mean he cannot enjoy a good glass of scotch?

I have found over the years that I do not need to be smoking the noblest tobacco nor the most expensive to enjoy the finer sides of life. I an a avid fan of the Captain and thus choose (magic word there, Choose) to smoke what I enjoy, and drink with it what I enjoy. Yes I can afford the Blue from my buddy Johnny but stil choose to smoke Low Grade as you put it. I have smoked a pipe for over 20+ years now and found that I do not need to but the most expensivce or exclusive tobacco's that are abound, I smoke what I like and have no need for others.

One more thing what make the Captain a low grade? The price? I have received more compliments smoking CBW over the years than I can even count.
Yuri

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
Yuri, you took my hilarious observation and turned it into a personal attack on you and your tastes.

This is the internet, thicken your skin.

yuri66

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2010
Marmal4de, maybe I did, and if so, I apologize, there was no offense meant, but as I said as an avid CBW smoker and the good old Captain often getting a bad rap, I felt the need to defend his (my) case, sorry no offense meant by me either.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
I was looking for ideas to help dress the set with the right liquor bottles.
Johnnie Walker Black Label

wsbjwbl.jpg

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Drink whatever you want with your tobacco. I prefer Beer or any mix drink with cleansing properties. (all of them? lol)
But for this shoot you must ONLY line the set with skull shaped bottles. :puffy:
imagesCASGS0SD.jpg

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Empty bottles are depressing lol
Nothing like a dry bar, or the home of an alcoholic to ruin the mood. :rofl:
But they are pretty.

bob1

Lurker
Dec 15, 2011
Kentucky Straight Bourbon on the rocks and a hot babe serving it to her man.

:puffy:

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
"MD 20/20... just kidding... Olde English 800?"
that sounds about right... good one, Ted!

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I second the dark and stormy idea. Rum just seems to go well with aromatics for me. Plus there is that nautical theme in calling a tobacco Captain Black that just seems to go with rum. For bottles I would have to say that a bottle of The Kraken would be an awesome mood setter for photographs.
The-Kraken-url.jpg

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
PS: I love Captain Black. I'm not much of an aromatic smoker but, but when I reach for one it seems to, more often or not, be Captain Black or Amphora Full Aroma.

Status
Not open for further replies.