PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drcarlo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2013
Mission completed...
I got a friendly email form the factory manager at STG.

He tells me that what happend was that Imperial moved the production from STG to Mac Baren Company. He think this is the reason for the rumor.
No worries. :)

May 31, 2012
Thanks for the update Dr. Carlo!
So, I wonder if Mac Baren will continue with the current

recipe, especially regarding 3N, they could easily make

it curly & with perique! But I suppose it's all at the

discretion of Imperial since it's made under contract

for them.
I guess it'll still be unavailable in N. America...

:crying:

May 31, 2012
DrCarlo,
Mac Baren/Imperial have answered,

and they decided perique wasn't necessary for Three Nuns.
None Nicer?

Doesn't ring a Bell.
Ross Arlen T. keenly observes:
Has the world run out of Perique? No? Then why oh why in God's name would you take the Perique out of Three Nuns? Let me be clear. I've had the old stuff. Now, I know it was like fifteen years old and that had something to do with it, but this is utterly unrecognizable. This tastes like MacBaren Roll Cake, except even hotter-burning. The old stuff tasted like a library. This tastes like leather. The old stuff tasted like class boundaries. What have you done?
https://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/Three_Nuns/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=125463
That just about says it all.
nun+gun.jpg

nuns.jpg

american-horror-story-asylum-black-nun-Favim.com-1907363.jpg

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
Holy crap!! I really need to check the dates on these threads more closely. I was about to jump in my car and head downtown and buy all the Capstan and Three Nuns I could find! I have three year old Blue jarred and haven't had any in quite a long time--this is a nice reminder to remedy that situation.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
This reminds me of all those big "stories" that keep popping up on Facebook - and then you check the dates and they are just reposting shit that 3 or 4 years old already.

May 31, 2012
:lol:

Necro-bump sounds like a new weird strain of VD or sumthin'...
Young man walks up to the pharmacy counter:

Please sir, ya gotta help me!

I have some freaky lesions on my nether regions that look like something from the Walking Dead.
Pharmacist:

Don't worry son, we have an oinment that'll fixya right up,

but in the future try and avoid intimate relations with zombie girls okay?
:D
Speaking of undead threads, I noticed Locopony had a neat little "special title" that fooled me and I thought he had been zapped ---

RothNH shows up in this thread too, I think he's still the alltime post leader with 15,044...

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/irish-flake-made-exclusively-for-petersons-of-dublin
And,

I really like how KCGhost put the 3N issue into good perspective elsewhere on the pipesmag site:
Most of us old-timers didn’t like the Orlik blend without Perique and the great hue and cry today is that with the purchase of the brand by Mac Baren’s they would return the blend to its former glory. As Mac Baren’s is a highly respected firm we had high hopes, but they have declined to undertake that task.
Whether you like the current blend or not (I find it bland and pedestrian) the point is that neither it nor its Orlik predecessor is Three Nuns. More like Two Novitiates. It’s like comparing Sally Field to Mother Teresa.
Does anyone really think this new blend would sell if we put it in a different tin with a different logo?
Let me make another point.

We are not doing the companies who supply our products a service by failing to tell them when they have made a misstep. They cannot improve their products without accurate feedback. And mislabeling a product is not something we should willingly go along with.
:puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.