Can't use credit cards to buy loose tobacco online?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Ardor Pipes
New Cigars
24 Fresh Neerup Pipes
9 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
12 Fresh Dunhill Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
I hope his isn't a stupid question, but is "loose tobacco" only referring to bulk blends, or does it also include tinned or other prepackaged tobacco not already processed into a cig or cigar??

vinvin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
@organizedmadman It includes tinned and other prepackaged tobacco too

vinvin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
I just made a purchase online and I found another online merchant who cannot use mc for my purchase.

vinvin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
Sort of a good thing (except those who only have a MC, but that's not hard to fix) -- like I said, I think when the dust settles, MC will alter this when everybody avoids MC like the plague.
I agree.

elwin

Lurker
May 3, 2012
Just saw this on Mars Cigars and Pipes:
http://www.marscigars.com/
For the third time in the past 10 years, a credit card processor has decided to drop us, solely due to the fact that we sell tobacco products. As we search for a new credit card processor, we will still continue sales via money orders and checks. We will accept checks, for now, only from our customers who have a minimum 3 previous orders with us.

thank you for your patience.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I will be contacting my CC companies and see if they offer a Visa card and will be making the switch. I currently only have one Visa but luckily im stockied up for now. I placed a big order the day this thread came out with smoking pipes and they were still taking MC but i assume is will be coming to an end soon. :evil:

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
I took a week off the forum. Damn, this is not what I wanted to read when I first came back. I only have a Master Card. I guess I am going to try to buy some tobacco right now from P&C and hope for the best. If not I'm screwed. I hope paypal is a way around this. I haven't read the thread all the way through, but it looks kind of dismal for me all the way around from what I read so far. I am in the midst of rebuilding a wrecked credit history and although it has been a few years since I have screwed my credit up, I still do not think that Visa will be wiling to gibve me a libe of credit. THIS SUCKS!!!!!

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
I just dropped MC and when I was asked why I told them that I needed a card co. that worked for me and that it shouldn't matter to them what I was buying as long as my bill to them was paid and that if they looked down on tobacco sales and was being part of putting tobacco stores out I was being part of putting them out.

So MASTER CARD CO. you can look at my ass getting smaller and smaller as I walk away for life.

beewrangler2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2012
I just noticed that Pauls Pipe Shop in Flint, MI is no longer selling tobak online, they must have gotten the same message.

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
I can see that this is becoming a slightly larger problem than I first thought. First, JFH, then Mars, now Paul's. I will be getting rid of anything that has a MC logo on it in short order. We are a community folks. We have a common thread and if everyone on this forum dropped them and cited why....it probably wouldn't change a damn thing but you know what? AT LEAST I STOOD ON MY PRINCIPLES. I will not be apathetic and neither should you!

hotlips

Lurker
Oct 17, 2012
For those playing along at home, we do now accept paypal. We are also set up for eventual ACH if PayPal gets tagged as well. We did choose not to activate Mastercard

Status
Not open for further replies.