PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tidalwave

Lurker
Jul 9, 2019
The other Cult aros are great as well, particularly Abacus and Conspiracy. In bulk, Sutliff’s Aged Maduro Cavendish is good. Autumn Evening is also tasty.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Brebbia Quartetto#20 is an interesting desert Aro (they say it's partially English, I don't have any idea what they think that means). The flavor is a mulled cider taste, so pretty sweet but the spices really are interesting and make it not a straight candy type of pipe tobacco. Very worthy as a dessert smoke.

By the way I really do get the pipes as a sub to eating junk foods. I've lost about 20lbs this year and part of that is the fact that I just haven't craved junk food as much as I've craved my pipes.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Chiming in on this old thread with another vote for Molto Dolce. Also, can't go wrong with Boswell, as some others have mentioned. Boswell Christmas Cookie and Cupcake are both great aromatics. I also love Sleepy Hollow by Straus Tobacconists, and C&D Autumn Evening, which is a tobacco-forward aromatic that reminds me of a little bit of maple and rum on top of some good Virginia tobacco.
I only smoke aromatics once in a while, but when I do, there's a very good chance it's one of the above blends.

Jun 9, 2018
England
I've enjoyed all the Peterson Christmas/Special Reserve blends I've tried (to varying degrees), also Kohlhase & Kopp Pipe 66 is a fruity Blackcurrant liqueur aromatic that I liked.
Chris.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
@Cosmic what pisses me off about that discussion is that while it's true that kids tend to start off with candy flavors there has been zero attempts to actually look at why and more importantly if those flavors have anything to do with kids vaping or smoking. You know if they're vaping cause it taste like candy or what I think is more likely that their tastes aren't refined and they're going to chose one that has a familiar taste. Also I've noticed adults seem to start in the same way. Though that's barely in the top ten of dumb things anti-tobacco crusaders say. Still more reasonable then nasal snuff is bad because your body expels 100 percent of it unlike tar, so clearly worse. You know like how insoluble fiber will kill the heck out of you.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Just read this thread. I've smoked for 40 years and I can't ever think of a pipe tobacco I'd describe as sweet. What's wrong with my taste buds?

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
+ 1 for Old Toby [Country Squire version]. I use it primarily as a condiment to add some sweetness to other tobaccos, but it’s pretty good on its own. The flavoring isn’t vanilla, or chocolate, or molasses or cherry, it’s just straight sugar. And it has Perique in it. Interesting stuff

archerdarkpint

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 23, 2010
Sutliff Coco-Creme - #333. Oh so sweet, maybe too much. I tend to cut it down with a burley blend to amp up the coco flavor and tone down the sweetness. Mix is about 1 part Coco Creme to 3 parts burley blend.

tenton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 8, 2019
The only Aro I smoke occasionally any more is Sutliff Midnight Smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.