PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Canadian

I got this today.
And, a Sav poker that isn't lised anymore last week.

What type of tobacco should I dedicate the Canadian to? The Poker gets the rest. I tried searching the answer because I might have asked the same question a couple of weeks ago, couldn't find it, no horse shoe, Sorry & thanks!

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
What isn't covered by your current rotation?
People say that certain blends smoke better in certain pipes but that is irrelevant if you don't like the tobacco in question.
+1 uber

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
I was thinking of flake &/or VA?, learning to like it & am. Have not one for English blends & I love em. Thanks

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
See what the pipe wants to smoke. Some pipes seem to highlight the sweet notes in Va forward blends, but will taste acrid or slightly bitter with Latakia and/or Orientals in the mix. Others still will make the rich, nutty notes in Burleys sing, yet you lose the subtle nuances of a VaPer. Of course, others still will bring out the best in the complex VaPers and multifaceted nuances of Orientals, or round out the brash and overpowering Latakia. Play around a bit, I'm a firm believer in not dedicating pipes to a specific blend, but rather a genre they compliment...and it's always fun trying to find that sweet-spot.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Nice Pete 264 Instymp I'm enjoying mine and I'll bet you will love yours.
Well said schmitzbitz. That's what I like to do; try different blends until the pipe itself determines what works best.

Status
Not open for further replies.