Nov 12, 2014
Wyborn! Why were you born?
leonardo-dicaprio.gif

Reactions: solideogloria86

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Out of the list above the only ones I have in my collection are 4 Lovats. The others just don't do anything for me and I am not sure why.
@cigrmaster, sharing is the first step. 🙏 ;) The aforementioned list identified for me that my two "Canadians" are actually one Lumberman and one Lovat. Now that I am disabused of that particular ignorance, I like them both. I feel no compulsion for a Liverpool, but a proper Canadian would be nice to have, and I think Lumberman is the ne plus ultra of this category, for me (and I am not sure why, either!).

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
@cigrmaster, sharing is the first step. 🙏 ;) The aforementioned list identified for me that my two "Canadians" are actually one Lumberman and one Lovat. Now that I am disabused of that particular ignorance, I like them both. I feel no compulsion for a Liverpool, but a proper Canadian would be nice to have, and I think Lumberman is the ne plus ultra of this category, for me (and I am not sure why, either!).
I am not a fan of the Canadian I believe because the stem is so long and the stem is so short. I love the billiard shape so I really should like the others although it has been a while since I have seen many. I have been doing commissions for a while and those shapes never enter my mind. I think maybe my next commissions could be those other shapes.

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
I am not a fan of the Canadian I believe because the stem is so long and the stem is so short. I love the billiard shape so I really should like the others although it has been a while since I have seen many. I have been doing commissions for a while and those shapes never enter my mind. I think maybe my next commissions could be those other shapes.
The long shank and short stem is exactly why I like them. More briar, less 'plastic.'

Reactions: fireground_piper