Can You Smoke Chewing Tobacco In A Pipe? (Yes)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
I wouldn't recommend Red Man or any of the packs of chewing tobacco, because of the added flavors, but most other chewing tobaccos came from teh notion of crossover tobaccos. They were pipe tobaccos that miners would smoke on top of the dirt, and then they would chew it underneath the dirt, because of risk of explosions (they didn't want to use fire).
Usually the twists like this...
View attachment 48787
Are some of the best smokes. This one in particular is a favorite of mine. It is a Rustica blend that has a strong cigarish flavor when smoked, and it blows away most of the commercial tobaccos in nicotine. I will smoke it before bed, and sometimes fall asleep in my chair, before i can make it to bed. But, any twist that can be chewed can also be smoked. And, mist are still made in Ma and Pa type companies, so they usually are only available locally. I have to get a fellow forum member to mail some to me, because my state doesn't allow chewing tobaccos to me mailed, but pipe tobacco is ok to mail... go figure.

If anyone lives near somewhere that carries Cotton Boll, please hit me up. I am almost out.
I have been wanting to try Cotton Boll for some time now, but still have never found any. I was recently on a trip that took me through West Virginia, Maryland and Virginia, and tried several tobacco or 'discount smokes' shops along the way, to no avail, and unfortunately, it's not allowed to be ordered online here in US. It's disappointing because this stuff seems right up my alley.

highwaycobbery

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2015
North cacallaky
Look for ingles, it’s a chain here and they sell all kinds of chew, cannonball, brown mule, days end, apple cut, sweet king twist Cumberland just to name a few. Depends on where your coming through, I know Rutherford county has about 5 ingles. One in forest city, one in lake lure, bout 10 minutes from me and one near Asheville. Also lots of gas stations will have them.