Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Against the law in Asheville, any business that is open to the public, even if you have 0 employees. Cigar bars had to close. Only 1 business I know of that people smoke in & I ain't gonna say it.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
My home is my office and I smoke every where in it. I am currently sitting in my living room smoking my pipe as I get ready for Thursday night football.

dalby

Lurker
Aug 17, 2013
I have plenty of opportunity to do so, I work as a shipbuilder.

my work takes place primarily in the very beginning parts of module construction, lots of welding, grinding, burning, etc. Many people chain smoke cigarettes as they work, and I could get away with clenching a pipe in my teeth and tools in my hands... However, one of the things that I value about pipe smoking is that it doesn't lead to "fiending" so I tend to wait until I arrive home and can really enjoy it. Although having a pipe for when I am consulting a drawing or filling out paperwork would be rather nice. hmmmm...

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
I work on the 8th floor of building in NYC and I have access to the roof. I put a chair out there and when it is not raining I can puff away in peace. I have a great view or the empire state building.

Aug 21, 2013
Indianapolis
Yep. Corporate Park in Indy. Very nice smoking areas....stay at least 8 feet from doors by law. We have nice benches and landscape to contemplate. Very progressive internet company that does not micromanage breaks either. Win.

inteus

Might Stick Around
Sep 8, 2013
SF Bay Area, CA
Yes and no, for me. Being that I'm an operator at an oil refinery, I can only smoke in designated spots, and don't always get the chance to smoke.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Yes. Almost everyone does. After all, it's smokingpipes.com :)
However, there's a lot more relighting going on, since ya can't really lean back and savor a bowl for 45 minutes at a time, or we wouldn't be getting much estate restoration done .....

kylemaxwell

Lurker
Aug 14, 2013
I work at a local golf course & country club washing carts and doing general outside tasks. I have a smoke on my 30 minute lunch break every shift. Usually half an OGS flake or half bowl of CBK in a MM Washington cob. There's a nice little secluded spot behind the cart barn where no one ever goes. It's a perfect spot, as there's always blue jays chirping and squirrels running about. Puts a smile on my face every time I light up.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I do smoke outside at work. I really liked the last store I worked at because we had nice tables and benches. My current store we have nothing outside to sit on which is ok but it's also Arizona, makes smoking cool sound silly but often a Latakia blend on a hot day actually seems cool on the pallete.

mannish

Lurker
Aug 10, 2013
I start a new job monday. I sure do hope there is a smoking area - I like to smoke and think on problems I am working on and after lunch. I assume most places do have smoking areas

captvoodoo

Lurker
Jun 17, 2013
I have been very fortunate in my current position as a manager for a transportation company. I usually work from my home office or am on the road a fair bit. Both allow for good quality pipe time. The downfall is I am often in corporate meetings and go for long stretches without a good quality puff. So It's either an abundance of good time to smoke or nothing at all. I am also fortunate that many of my clients prefer to do business over a pint or a smoke so it allows for a good friendly atmosphere to discuss business.

Status
Not open for further replies.