PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Certainly. All it takes is a bit of self-control. I keep the number around 30+=. I don't collect pipes nor, do I want more than I can smoke regularly (weekly). At home, unless working outside, I only smoke my meers. The briars and cobs are for outside only. So, a couple dozen is more than sufficient.

I've got other wants and needs to fill besides nicotine.

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
Just this morning I was looking at my collection thinking that I only really need 3. One for lat/DFKY/occasional aro, one for VA/Vaper, and one for lakeland. And then of course a few cobs scattered around in places like tool box, truck, boat, etc.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I think I'll just start buying one pipe a year or every few years and make it a really nice one.
This is me. I never go into a shop looking for a pipe. If one catches my eye while browsing blends and such, I'll fondle it. If it meets may various criteria, I'll buy it. I haven't had a pipe catch my eye in four or five years.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
I probably have five or six that are go to pipes. I have others that I enjoy and then some that were stepping stones along the way to me getting the pipes that have become my go to. I have 20 pipes.. I have three more that are unsmoked and put away so that I can surprise myself in the future with a new pipe. If I get rid of a pipe, I do tend to replace it with something I hope I will like better. Can one have too many pipes? Let me ask you what I believe to be a related question. Can one have too many sexual experiences with women that one never really gets to know?

mordy18

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2019
Northern New Jersey
Yes. Also at two years as a pipe smoker. 20ish pipes purchased. It has been a process of finding what I like, made more difficult by the fact that everything has to be purchased over the internet because there are no pipe stores around. Just purchased two artisan pipes that I love, and really like most of the rest and have a variety of shapes and sizes. As of now I have no desire for more.

KafkaStoleMyBike

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 10, 2020
Dallas, TX
I take in pipes that are imperfect or incomplete or beat up, work on them until I’m felling better, then pass them along or keep them for myself (out of pride OR shame). I’ve had anywhere from two to ten on my desk... I think I have four that I use right now?

Collect what makes you happy, and the rest is all subjective :)

Reactions: Toast