PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
It's hit or miss with square tins. I have tried wrapping them in clear cellophane, which I think helps. Only bad tins I have ever found were Wessex Burley Sliced, which were all dried out when I opened them. Rehydrating helped them, but I haven't bought another tin of Wessex ever since.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
If my tins come dented I contact the place of purchase.
If I need to store square tins with questionable seals, do what Mike McNeil of McClelland recommends: 2 layers of aluminum foils placed inside a vacuum seal bag.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
What I found strange was that all of the dents were on top. Nothing on the sides or bottoms. One looked like something sharp and heavy hit it right along the inside seal. One lid had 3 or 4 dings on top. Another had the outer lip smashed to where the metal that forms the seal over top was bowed upward. I've put them in a heavy pouch. I don't think I was wrong to notify the seller, I've bought from other companies that lovingly wrap each and every item for protection.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Just following up to say the replacement tobacco just arrived which they offered, I did not ask for, they sent a FULL replacement, and the condition is immaculate. In my book that is exemplary service! Kudos to them. I may occasionally have a shipping issue, but then, who doesn't, and service like this (along with other great things) is what keeps me coming back to them.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
if you ordered from P&C I will bet money the tins were damaged cause of their crappy packing, a common occurrence with them and a reason I quit purchasing from them
So why didn't you just contact P&C and they will gladly send replacements?
I had a poorly packaged shipment of 25 tins from them and several were dented. They replaced all of the dented tins no questions asked without wanting the dented one's back. So I jarred the dented one's and put the good ones with the rest of my cellared stash. So I ended up with 5 more tins than I ordered and that won't stop me from ordering from them again. If they wouldn't make it right then I would stop ordering from them.
Hell I doubled up thei summer sale with the 20% off I got getting tins of Blackhouse, Magnum Opus and White Knight for $5.21 per tin!!!

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
Cosmic I hope you don't carry a jar in your jersey pocket while tilting the mountain mountain bike around. I'd much prefer to land on a square tin as they provide better impact resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.