Can Anyone Identify This Savinelli Pipe Shape?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

filmguerilla

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2022
Memphis, Tennessee
A buddy of mine toured around Italy for a couple weeks and picked up this Savinelli pipe for me at a tobacco shop and all it says is "Savinelli" with underneath it saying "Product APC" and "Made in Italy." I'm pretty sure it's a basket pipe or second, but I really dig the shape. The slight pickaxe dip under the bowl and the swell where the stem/shank meet are pretty sweet IMO. I'd love to pick up another one of these, maybe two, if I could figure out what shape this is for my search. Please and thank you!

268245F5-11AB-4CD4-9E00-07DAA61C04F3.JPG

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York

Pipe shape charts are a great reference tool in many cases, but wouldn’t really be of help in terms of Savinelli’s Linea 76 pipes—this was a special line of six exclusively shaped, “modern” pipes conceived by Achille Savinelli, that were only produced for one year to celebrate the centennial of Savinelli. These unique designs were not regular production models that would appear on a chart. That said, I do think the Linea 76 06 was the missing link between the Nonpareil 9006 and the odd, bulgy, 660 shape (which I happen to love).

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Pipe shape charts are a great reference tool in many cases, but wouldn’t really be of help in terms of Savinelli’s Linea 76 pipes—this was a special line of six exclusively shaped, “modern” pipes conceived by Achille Savinelli, that were only produced for one year to celebrate the centennial of Savinelli. These unique designs were not regular production models that would appear on a chart. That said, I do think the Linea 76 06 was the missing link between the Nonpareil 9006 and the odd, bulgy, 660 shape (which I happen to love).
"Savi Jeff" is savvy about Savinellis.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
This is the original deluxe packaging for the Linea 76 that included both finishes. Unfortunately, the smooth 04 is missing from my set.

20240610_115317.jpg

20240610_115333.jpg

20240610_115402.jpg

Here’s the brochure opened up to show the smooth and sandblasted finishes. @filmguerilla Does the pic in the upper right match the profile of your pipe?

20240610_115430.jpg

I believe the pipes were for sale individually as well. I haven’t seen the packaging for the single pipes. I regret not getting a few NOS ones that Blue Room Briars had awhile back.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
This is the original deluxe packaging for the Linea 76 that included both finishes. Unfortunately, the smooth 04 is missing from my set.

View attachment 316342

View attachment 316344

View attachment 316346

Here’s the brochure opened up to show the smooth and sandblasted finishes. @filmguerilla Does the pic in the upper right match the profile of your pipe?

View attachment 316348

I believe the pipes were for sale individually as well. I haven’t seen the packaging for the single pipes. I regret not getting a few NOS ones that Blue Room Briars had awhile back.
Admit it those are your red silk pajamas, aren’t they? You’re a posher!

• Haha
Reactions: TheIronMonkey