PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Oh I know! It's not the one that hurts; it's the several dozen that cumulatively destroy my budget.
I have 3 more in the air. In that 50-100 range it’s almost impossible not to grab them, 2 bulldogs on the way, one large amd one xtra large both around 50 bucks and both in amazing condition. When I stopped buying briar, I thought it was gonna save money lol

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
How you could be really broke? If you got a severe head injury and couldn't count past 10 anymore you might pass on it. If you're like that one idiot I work with that is too stupid for my job, you'd assume it must be dangerous if it doesn't cost more. That's all I got because I don't care about the honoring rhetorical questions.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
How you could be really broke? If you got a severe head injury and couldn't count past 10 anymore you might pass on it. If you're like that one idiot I work with that is too stupid for my job, you'd assume it must be dangerous if it doesn't cost more. That's all I got because I don't care about the honoring rhetorical questions.
Well said, at least i think it was.

• Haha
Reactions: Elric and woodsroad
Aug 1, 2012
USA
nah, I think it raised above the level of passable to o.k.. If it was a high school project it would have been a b- with a caveat.
Ever get that paper back where the teacher marked it a "should be c+ but very entertaining so I'll give you a b-"? Or was it just me?
Had a college professor who would give extra credit for doodles and naughty poems in the margins. Didn't need it but did it anyway for fun.

Jun 23, 2019
I feel like given the nature of meerschaum's patinaed appearance, you can find some pretty great deals on estate pipes.

Reactions: Elric

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I feel like given the nature of meerschaum's patinaed appearance, you can find some pretty great deals on estate pipes.
Yes agreed. I've actually just bought my first pipe from across the pond, first off because you can tell by the coloring it's translucent meerschaum and second because they ship Royal Post and not the ebay rip off shipping, it's a gorgeous Pete's meer with that speckled coloring that screens translucent meer. Oh that's the other i bought in the last few days. Well off to delete ebay! lol

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Ok, now it might be a problem. :ROFLMAO:
Well there is a method to the madness at some points, i found a Pete’s meer for $50 and while i have 3 of that shape its a different finish buuuuuut the reason i bought it was it has a fishtail stem and bit the damn p-lip, to have a fishtail cut for it would easily be 50 bucks why not pay that and get a pipe with it, those stems (so far) are interchangeable for those pipes so now i have a stems i can use on any of that shape! Sm0rt huh!?