PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drydock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2016
I recently picked up this old Canadian estate pipe. It was pretty filthy, but I liked the rusticated exterior and the odd stem. I started to clean the old gal up:

camilia_canadian_before-600x355.jpg

And what a surprise! I'm about half-way done with the restoration here, and discovered a silver band. I had thought it was plastic. Looks like it's an old repair to a cracked shank--but I couldn't be happier with this old pipe:

camilia_canadian_clean-600x269.jpg

The brand is "Camelia" and there's not much information beyond that on the pipe. Just wanted to share my before and after pics of the restoration. I'm happy with how it's cleaning up so far, and I really like the shape a lot. This is my first Canadian shaped pipe.

drydock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2016
Great to know, thanks guys! When I get the pipe all done, I'll add a finished pic. I'm still so delighted/surprised that the plastic ring turned out to be silver. And it's a nice small/medium size.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Wow. That is a find, a beauty! Never seen silver so uniformly tarnished. I thought it was some odd matte black repair at first.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A really nice Canadian shape pipe always makes me say, that is the stateliest shape. I have an Iwan Ries, a Stanwell, and a Johs.

Status
Not open for further replies.