PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Yeah, I found this old WDC pipe I forgot about that is similar to the pipe that Smithsonian has of Albert Einstein's. Just a simple straight apple shape, so I dug out my C&D's version of the tobacco he was thought to have smoked. They call it Epiphany which is supposed to be like Revelation. I'm telling you I feel smarter already! (or maybe it's just the scotch) 😉
1159CCDD-07FF-4AC7-A9FB-026D8D35E2DD_1_201_a.jpeg

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
That shape has been growing on me lately - I now have two in my rotation: a Dunhill and a Kaywoodie. You remind me of the only time I tried to read Einstein - I picked up a copy of a book on relativity that he wrote for idiots like me, which he states in the preface. I failed to get very far into it, and ended up feeling even dumberer.

UyMY3iN.jpeg

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
That shape has been growing on me lately - I now have two in my rotation: a Dunhill and a Kaywoodie. You remind me of the only time I tried to read Einstein - I picked up a copy of a book on relativity that he wrote for idiots like me, which he states in the preface. I failed to get very far into it, and ended up feeling even dumberer.

UyMY3iN.jpeg
Don't let Einstein make you feel dumb. Have you ever seen pictures of his pipes? Now that crummy collection of trash is really dumb. puffy

Indygrap

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2022
New Orleans, LA

UyMY3iN.jpeg
I’ve got a BBB Apple that is my go-to for English blends. Not sure why but it works better, for me anyway, than any of my other pipes. My bulldog is a close second.

• Love
Reactions: AroEnglish
Oct 3, 2021
Southeastern PA

UyMY3iN.jpeg

OK, but were you smoking a pipe while reading it???

smart.gif

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Yeah, I found this old WDC pipe I forgot about that is similar to the pipe that Smithsonian has of Albert Einstein's. Just a simple straight apple shape, so I dug out my C&D's version of the tobacco he was thought to have smoked. They call it Epiphany which is supposed to be like Revelation. I'm telling you I feel smarter already! (or maybe it's just the scotch) 😉
View attachment 292684
Einsteins "Apple" is the reason I bought my Rossi 8202 apple! My second and last favorite shape!

Reactions: agnosticpipe

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
Einstein was a rare genius. I read about relativity in another book, and it took about 10 years to sink in. Finally got it after I said to my just read it and believe. Time is relative is just a hard concept to get into.
I think to grasp it, it takes clearing your mind and starting over without any of the definitions of your world that you've spent your life building and having constantly reinforced...and having Einstein and a few others tell us about it to begin with. I have a bunch of books on quantum physics and relativity - I understand very little of it, but I believe it now, while when I was younger I thought it was mostly theory and b.s. The glimpses of understanding make it worthwhile to study.

Reactions: kcghost