California Customers at P&C...It Has Begun.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes
4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes
2 Fresh Former Pipes
120 Fresh Peterson Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I bought a new rake a few weeks ago.

I was surprised and entertained to learn that the chromed springs on it were a potential cause of cancer in California.

We have tent cities forming under our roadways, as well. Not just a California thing.

My delivery persons never let a little thing like a signature requirement slow them down. I once came home to an antique military rifle leaning against my house in a cardboard tube...

Rodney King passed in 2012.

View attachment 20144
I believe Gavin is working on giving doctors the authority to write a prescription for those chrome rakes.
He’s a stable genius.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
From Sable's post:
I just got my REAL ID so that I can board a plane after October. Even though I had already been vetted and received my TSA Pre ID, I was required to get a REAL ID.

Wow...how did you manage to get by with a fake one for so long?

Hah. But now I have two questions: Is not the REAL ID a national thing, that each state has to implement?

And, for Jesse: I thought that a passport would work on a plane after October. (I am also TSA known traveller) and do plan to get the upgraded license, but if I don't. So, what is making you have to get one?

Reactions: SpookedPiper

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
So let's see if I got this right. In California I can poop on a public street while shooting up with heroin. But pipe tobacco being sent through the mail is a problem?

Some areas have less than ideal statutes and enforcement. Check out Chicago's S side. Or Cabrini Green. Or East St. Louis, Peoria, parts of Springfield, and on and on.

I will most likely die near where I live, and I am most grateful to be able to live here now.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
So let's see if I got this right. In California I can poop on a public street while shooting up with heroin. But pipe tobacco being sent through the mail is a problem?
That's correct. You can poop in the street and shoot up heroin in your state as well, as many do, but as of yet, you don't have to prove legal age and sign for tobacco shipments.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
From Sable's post:

Hah. But now I have two questions: Is not the REAL ID a national thing, that each state has to implement?

And, for Jesse: I thought that a passport would work on a plane after October. (I am also TSA known traveller) and do plan to get the upgraded license, but if I don't. So, what is making you have to get one?
Hi John,
Well I asked that question at the DMV when I was going through the process of getting the REAL ID. I showed them my TSA confirmation and was told that they were different programs, one having nothing to do with the other though both of them are national, and that only obtaining a REAL ID will allow me to board a plane. Your passport will not.
My guess is that the redundancies are thought to reduce the likelihood of bad guys being able to fly. But I also think this is just a step in information gathering at any point where the REAL card is used. It wouldn't surprise me if, at some point, you will need to have one to cross state lines. Now, instead of some official asking for our "travel papers", like in some old movie from the '30's or '40's, we'll be asked to produce our REAL ID.

Reactions: BROBS and jpmcwjr

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
In rural Colorado, 80% of all UPS packages go to USPS anyway. No physical delivery, so we go to the post office anyway. No matter what, you are standing in line.

2 day Amazon shipping usually is 7-9 days for me. Postal workers are pissed at UPS making more work for them, so they will hold packages in the post office for 2-3 days before we get a package notice. If you have the cajones to ask about a package that tracking shows to be at the post office with no package notice, they will sit on it another few days for good measure.
Things seem so calm in Colorado, maybe things are just slower there, any idea as to why?

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
According to the Homeland Security website, a passport should still be good enough to get you on a federally regulated commercial aircraft. DHS FAQs

Your Real ID should now allow you to enter nuclear power plants and other Federal facilities. There's always a silver lining! ;)
So I was misinformed by the guy on the other side of the counter. How novel.

• Haha
Reactions: BROBS and litup

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Enough already! That's from the first page. Please say what paradise you live in!

Our state is full, and thanks be, folks are leaving the Golden State! Too expensive, too crowded, too many fruits and nuts. It's not worth visiting, either.

Reactions: wolflarsen

artvandelay007

Can't Leave
Apr 11, 2018
Wichita, KS
Signature on delivery is annoying but is the least of my worries. I can see it being a big deal for those that commute, a lot of people in California are stuck in traffic for too long, but otherwise not a big deal.

Reactions: sablebrush52

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I gathered up all the horse shit they want for the real drivers license and when I walked in ,laid it all down, the gal snatches up my old license and title and says I'm good. Did not even look at anything else. Great State of Ohio at work I guess... cray

Status
Not open for further replies.