California Customers at P&C...It Has Begun.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

24 Fresh Rossi Pipes
36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
36 Fresh Ropp Pipes
New Cigars
108 Fresh Brulor Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikhaelDavid

Lurker
Nov 5, 2019
Germany
That's the way it runs in Germany, having to upload a government ID and having to sign for packages containing tobacco I mean. I think a control mechanism is ok as long as availability and prices don't get influenced.

docpierce

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2020
Where be "up here"? Having lived in the Bay Area for some time I think of Eureka as "up there".

And all of CA is to be avoided.
So true. Its just awful- most especially avoid the Lost Coast up near the Oregon border. Those trumpeting Elk in the sunlit rolling golden fog for can wake a person up way too early. A most jarring experience.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
So true. Its just awful- most especially avoid the Lost Coast up near the Oregon border. Those trumpeting Elk in the sunlit rolling golden fog for can wake a person up way too early. A most jarring experience.

Shhhhhh! :)

Yeah, and you can smoke your pipe for days without one word, one evil eye, out of anybody.

You can put your location in your Profile, which will save questions in the future as to where you live should you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos of surroundings, and so forth.

Reactions: sablebrush52

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I gathered up all the horse shit they want for the real drivers license and when I walked in ,laid it all down, the gal snatches up my old license and title and says I'm good. Did not even look at anything else. Great State of Ohio at work I guess... cray

Hmmmm. Mixed feelings, as I was turned down because of a technicality- had more ID than Carter had pills- by some woman in the DMV who seemed to enjoy the misery she inflicted.
At the same time if other states are just handing them out, it sucks for actual security.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Hmmmm. Mixed feelings, as I was turned down because of a technicality- had more ID than Carter had pills- by some woman in the DMV who seemed to enjoy the misery she inflicted.
At the same time if other states are just handing them out, it sucks for actual security.

If at first you don't succeed...I ran afoul of the document Nazi my first time. Turned out the birth certificate I brought, hand typed on the same machine by the same recorder in the same hospital within a minute of typing another copy, wasn't a birth certificate even though it said Certificate Of Live Birth. Seems that hospitals would type out two copies, one to go to the Bureau of Records and the other to give to the parents. They were identical on one side, but on the copy for the parents there were some operating instructions for the care and feeding of their new tax deduction. The copy sent to City Hall was blank on the other side. The Document Nazi was adamant. Everything else being okay, I ordered a few copies of my birth certificate for future need, returned to the DMV, and was in and out in 35 minutes.

It does suck for security, but look at the silver lining. Since all of the bombers and terrorists will be flying out of Ohio the Feds can concentrate their anti-terrorism efforts there, like extra invasive scanning and hand searching of luggage, no TSA Pre option, cavity searches and waterboarding of all passengers, etc, etc. Just do what's necessary.

Traffic is a problem in the savage south. Abolishing automobiles would make a great improvement in everyone's quality of life. An estimated 30% of the human population lack the necessary neural connections required for performing complex tasks on the level of driving a car. I walk to work every day. Fill the tank once every 6 to 8 weeks. Tha's a significant amount of savings very month.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and litup

docpierce

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2020
If at first you don't succeed...I ran afoul of the document Nazi my first time. Turned out the birth certificate I brought, hand typed on the same machine by the same recorder in the same hospital within a minute of typing another copy, wasn't a birth certificate even though it said Certificate Of Live Birth. Seems that hospitals would type out two copies, one to go to the Bureau of Records and the other to give to the parents. They were identical on one side, but on the copy for the parents there were some operating instructions for the care and feeding of their new tax deduction. The copy sent to City Hall was blank on the other side. The Document Nazi was adamant. Everything else being okay, I ordered a few copies of my birth certificate for future need, returned to the DMV, and was in and out in 35 minutes.

It does suck for security, but look at the silver lining. Since all of the bombers and terrorists will be flying out of Ohio the Feds can concentrate their anti-terrorism efforts there, like extra invasive scanning and hand searching of luggage, no TSA Pre option, cavity searches and waterboarding of all passengers, etc, etc. Just do what's necessary.

Traffic is a problem in the savage south. Abolishing automobiles would make a great improvement in everyone's quality of life. An estimated 30% of the human population lack the necessary neural connections required for performing complex tasks on the level of driving a car. I walk to work every day. Fill the tank once every 6 to 8 weeks. Tha's a significant amount of savings very month.
Layman's translation service: "naht-zee" meaning: stuff I don't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.