PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
I too am of the school of minimal, if any cake--if one develops it's more through my own lassitude than intention. Don't worry, after a while you'll be more concerned with reaming them back than building them up.

unclejoe

Lurker
Jan 18, 2013
my pipe could not build cake on the bottom of bowl and i realised that i couldnt smoke tobbocco at the bottom too.
at middle and upper side of the bowl ''cake'' is formed properly.
so is there any way for building cake at the bottom now?

billbearcat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 3, 2011
I only like a little bit of cake. If there is too much cake then I won't be able to get as much tobacco in my pipe, thus shortening my pipe time which is my happy time.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
All I have right now is 4 Brigham pipes. They have that black carbon liner in the bowl. I tried to smoke one w/o coating the inside with honey and got a TERRIBLE taste from the pipe. After lighting it and had a few puffs I had to put it out. I reamed it and coated it with honey and it didn't have that burnt wood/chemical taste anymore. I coat all my bowl with honey before their first smoke. It does help build a cake quickly. My uncle and old neighbor (who have both been smoking pipes for about 40yr) recommended me to coat the inside. Some do it some don't. I know my next pipe purchase is going to have unlined bowl just to see the difference.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
So I can scrape that black crap out and not void any warranties on my pipes? I mean I dont want to accidently dig out any wood and ruin the bowl wall.

hfearly

Oct 11, 2012
Canada
It's amazing how people are able to constantly dig out year old threats and revive them ;-)

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
I feel new to pipe smoking because of all new stuff and info there is. I smoked a pipe in the mid 90's and the culture was still stuck in the 80's. Now I find a plethora of tobacco, pipes and information on so much stuff. you can call me a noob if u want to, it won't bother me a bit, espically with some of the questions I ask. There are no cigar or pipe clubs in my ara (that I know if) and there isn't anyone else I know that smokes a pipe in this city lol. A co-worker of mine is a very occaional smoker and he has no clue what he is doing as he is just getting into it. he is the type of person that will do something if it makes him look cool to the ladies and his friends (sad I know).

Status
Not open for further replies.