PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
tosc.JPG

All (Turkish) Latakia blends from what I understand. These sound good but the big thing for me is that they collaborated with an Italian tobacco producer but failed to use any of the Italian Dark Fired leaf (which I lovveeee) in any of these blends. So big pass from me and big missed opportunity from C&D.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Toscano-Maestro-pipe-tobacco-770x328.png

Cornell & Diehl and Toscano Maestro Pipe Tobacco Collaboration

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Me? The Toscanos make those little cigars, right? They wanted to "bring the Toscano experience to the pipe" right? What am I missing?
I knew this would happen when I hit post reply and your comment showed up.
No I was talking about the o.p. who said they don't have the same tobacco. My understanding is that they do have it in the blend.
And first time I wish I could buy a boatload of a blend these sound perfect to me.

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
I was interested from the minute I saw ODF/Kentucky. Curious to see what exactly each blend is.

Guess I should read this article:

Last edited:

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
Oof, I am interested in all three of them now actually... I love English blends that add ODF, and at least some of the VAs used are stoved and all the VA is mature/red? Sign me up.

• Allegro: ribbon cut - Stoved Red Virginia, Dark-Fired Kentucky, Unstoved Red Virginias, Latakia
• Concerto: ribbon cut - Latakia, St. James Perique, Dark-Fired Kentucky
• Sinfonia: flake cut - Stoved Red Virginia, Dark-Fired Kentucky, Latakia, Red Virginia

I think I am most wanting Concerto and Sinfonia, though I'm also presuming that the listed order of ingredients is by relative proportion from most to least.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
I knew this would happen when I hit post reply and your comment showed up.
No I was talking about the o.p. who said they don't have the same tobacco. My understanding is that they do have it in the blend.
And first time I wish I could buy a boatload of a blend these sound perfect to me.
I don't misunderstand anything, they aren't using Italian Dark Fired in any of the blends, all the DFK is sourced from KY/TN

I'm aware Toscano cigars use both the Italian Dark Fired and US sourced DFK as filler. Its the Italian Dark Fired I'm after.

Big sad.

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
They almost had me until they decided to put Perique and/or Latakia in all of the blends.
Yeah... I felt the same way. I was hoping for one blend sans Latakia.

I don't mind Latakia. I enjoy English blends, but I enjoy DFK far more when it's paired with Perique in a more traditional Burley family style. Now I'll have to mull it over.

Yeah... I felt the same way. I was hoping for one blend sans Latakia.

I don't mind Latakia. I enjoy English blends, but I enjoy DFK far more when it's paired with Perique in a more traditional Burley family style. Now I'll have to mull it over.
My thinking is that Jeremy has already been working with some awesome cigar leaf blends, like GLP's Key Largo and Habana Daydream, and a whole bunch of others. Many/most of them have a touch of latakia to add a leathery chewiness that you would get from a cigar... not that any of them duplicates a cigar experience exactly, but outside of that, they are pretty awesome. So, I am certain Jeremey has come up with something that tantalizes and excites. I plan on giving it a go.