PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
So I poped a tin of C&D Odessa today and the first thing I noticed was the smell. It has a very light smoky smell not heavy in the lat dept and the Turkish stand out as the prodomnate note followed by the Latakia. In packing the bowl it seemed kind of dry dryer then what I am used to so no dry time was needed. Now I do know if this is how this blend is soposed to be I just bought it last month and it has a can date of 8/23/06 so it did have some age on it.

Tast: Its billed as Cavendish cut burley, Turkish, Latakia and Perique. Similar to the old Balkan Sobranie White.

Now I have to say I have had some of the old Balkan Sobranie can i say its similar to it? In my oppinion its not in the same ballpark but in the same league as it is smooth and mellow and light flavor. Its a nice change in blends like this that usually end up being heavy with lat. Its a good blend to wind down as none of the tobaccos overpower the others a perfect ballance if you will. C&D had a great blend with this one that can be played with alot and turned it to different blends.

Jul 15, 2011
I got some Red Odessa in the sampler pack that I ordered from them, and it is one of two tobaccos in that sampler I have not tried yet. Every one of their English blends that I have tried screams quality, though. I will have to check out the Red Odessa sometime soon.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
ok tonight at the hospital one of the guys in my pipe club was there with his grandson before i went in we smoked a bowl I have to say Odessa is closer to Presbyterian than any other.

Status
Not open for further replies.